PDA

View Full Version : Possible Irrlicht bugs because of old version

hindupower
03-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Hey,

I am currently working on a game using Proton SDK.

I have run across some problems.
When I add an Octree scene node, parts of the node that I look at also get culled.
Also when I add a scene node imported from a b3d mesh file with two texture coordinates(for lightmapping), the node becomes partially transparent and seems like other transparent objects render in front of this node even if they are behind it (somewhat as if the Z-writing for that node has been disabled)

I have seen that in the Irrlicht change logs there have been problems with the octree and it culling incorrectly, but they have been fixed in the newer versions.
I have also seen problems with b3d importer, but I don't know if that is related to my problem.

Anyway, I have assumed that this can be fixed if Proton sdk uses a newer Irrlicht(1.8) and so I tried a few times to incorporate it into Proton.
Problem is everytime, I overwrite something that is proton related or Irrlicht related and this get jumbled.

I know you probably won't incorporate Irrlicht 1.8 at this time, so I was wondering if you point out what files are strictly Proton related and what gets changes/added to irrlicht source files, so that I could try incorporating it and if I succeed then I could give you the newer version?

Seth
03-29-2013, 10:39 PM
If you search the proton irrlicht source for "//seth" it should show all (most?) of the changes I made.

I think your best bet would be just to try to merge the Octree fixes only if possible, as I don't think I did anything in those classes anyway.

If you're on windows, I recommend using winmerge to compare the files/file trees.