PDA

View Full Version : Why pay THAT MUCH for a license?

Hugna
08-05-2005, 03:21 AM
$30 for 6 months, and $99 for 12......i mean come on, that sounds like highway robbery to me.

I'm not flaming or trolling any bit.

I mean, seriously, why is it that high? I mean....one anti-hack program would give over $18 for 1 year protection....NProtect GameGuard, and this giving $30 for 6 months? It's not worth it. Why couldn't you make a donation button to donate? Some people are nice enough out there....'SOME'.

Really, if your that low on cash, you don't have to make it that high. It's like Lineage II, a pay-to-play game. You pay almost around 20 - 30 bucks or so per month, i forgot how much you pay for 1 month. Seriously, why people gotta pay that much? Many people don't got what they need to pay it that way, and some people are real ripoffs. Ripping off people, taking their money, and being just plain greedy. Sure you work on your site, and games and such, but have you ever thought of having a job or something? Or like seeing if you could more staff, or some people who'd work for free? Yea most people don't want to work for free, but i'm sure theres a few who would. Ever heard of Kal Online? I don't know how much staff, but i think it's around 500 - 2,000, and their game was said to be free, even when full version, yet people can pay by getting special items for better gameplay. Sorry gone off topic too much. >_>

Why you gotta make people pay that much for a license, and why so little people are able to play a demo server? Why not at least 12 max accounts, and only 4 logins? Or at least just see if people are nice enough to donate money to you for keeping your site up, and such. Also....12 month platinum?! What happens if people pay $90 for 1 year & a half for non-platinum? Okay i got it. Each $5 gives 1 month worth of subscription.

Like i said, i'm not flaming or trolling, i'm wondering why people has to pay THAT MUCH just for a license. Are you running out of bandwidth? Out of money? Or are you greedy? I'm just wondering why people has to pay THAT MUCH for a license.

Possibly, i'll pay for 6 month sub if i had what it takes to pay it that way. I forgot, either if it's a credit card kind of thing, i think it's 16 or 18 years old to actually use or hold one. I'm only 15. :-\

I might pay for it when i get what it takes to pay it, but i dunno......i know what it gives, but i really don't know if it's worth it. If i was able to pay at least 5 years, i might be able to keep it up for quite some time.

Thanks if you answer my questions Seth.

~Hug

P.S:It's your choice to answer me Seth. >_>

Seth
08-08-2005, 12:41 AM
You think $30 is steep? My MBBS version of LORD, a text game, used to cost $300 a license!

I charge a tiny stipend to regulate the # of servers active at once, and it kind of keeps them higher quality, less cheating, running on better pipes/hardware.

If I was you, I might look into free PHP games you can host, like Legend Of The Green Dragon or the like. There are a lot out there!

Quote[/b] ]Or like seeing if you could more staff, or some people who'd work for free? Yea most people don't want to work for free, but i'm sure theres a few who would. Ever heard of Kal Online? I don't know how much staff, but i think it's around 500 - 2,000

Wow, cool. I could really use 2000 unpaid staff members.

Daytona
08-09-2005, 07:21 PM
http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif This is another one I don't get.... If you don't want to pay the very small fee then go somewhere eles...Or better yet just play on one of the server that has pay for the license...It sound like you couldn't run one if you did have one of your own ...