PDA

View Full Version : Charlie, boat and invisible areas (original Dink)

Drule
09-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Hey, I started playing Dink again a couple of days ago and I've discovered that it holds many more secrets than I found when I played it the first time. I finished it today, but I'm left with a few questions. I tried searching the forum, and looking all over the ingame world but I couldn't find the answer.

1. The empty house below Dink's Aunt's house has a sign mentioning a certain "Charlie". Who is he, and where can I find him? Is it just some sort of joke, or did Seth rule him out after discovering that it would be too time consuming to make him, or something like that?

2. In the area right before the last boss you can see some sort of boat sailing over the fire. What's the point of that boat? Are you supposed to do anything special with it?

3. Are there any more accessable secret areas other than the Giant Duck Island and that Dragon Island? It looks like the map contains many more areas than the one's I've discovered.

4. Is there anything more to do after having notified the king about the victory? Are there any additions to the storyline?

Any help is appreciated. Also, is there any site somewhere with a guide to all the secrets in Dink? Thanks.

EDIT:

Heh, I'm kind of surprised that the "Charlie" thing hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the Dink forum already, seeing as how people seems to love posting stuff like "HOW DODI KILLL DRAGON PLEASE HELP!?!!?!?!".

EDIT 2:

Okay I read about Charlie on the support page, but I'd still like to know about the other things.

09-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I know of a pretty secret way to get to some secret areas, like walking on the mountain side. Anyone wanna know??

10-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Sep. 12 2005,04:01)]I know of a pretty secret way to get to some secret areas, like walking on the mountain side. Anyone wanna know??
why is there 8 spaces for magic and only 4 magic powers and who has the highest power ups u have i got with "fists" i got 30 attack 17 defence and 34 magic mind u i glued to this game even though i got H-L 2 of halo ut 04 but this game is truly addictive lol i love it

12-19-2005, 02:02 AM
Quote[/b] (Drule @ Sep. 04 2005,08:31)]2. In the area right before the last boss you can see some sort of boat sailing over the fire. What's the point of that boat? Are you supposed to do anything special with it?

3. Are there any more accessable secret areas other than the Giant Duck Island and that Dragon Island? It looks like the map contains many more areas than the one's I've discovered.

4. Is there anything more to do after having notified the king about the victory? Are there any additions to the storyline?

Any help is appreciated. Also, is there any site somewhere with a guide to all the secrets in Dink? Thanks.

Try hitting it, he starts paddling faster and you yell at him to "come back here!". Nothing else.

there's that wizard place, which is west of the bad lands coved by the yellow. Look in the first page of this forum, it's in one of the topics.

Mods, or whatever they are.

12-19-2005, 02:04 AM
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 10 2005,19:24)]why is there 8 spaces for magic and only 4 magic powers and who has the highest power ups u have i got with "fists" i got 30 attack 17 defence and 34 magic mind u i glued to this game even though i got H-L 2 of halo ut 04 but this game is truly addictive lol i love it
My highest is

Attack 57
Defense 22
Magic 25

With my light sword on.

I've been playing like, 2 weeks maybe. And only a few minutes a day.

(Sorry for the double post, can't edit.)

pigfarmer
10-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Charlie never appears in the game

The boat man near Seth, u can shoot arrows or axe at him,he will run away faster,he will get injured,I cud not kill him

U have ice castle in the edge of da world,it's to the left of the cave

After notifying the king,the story is over,but..

u can do this
Go to terris in the cafe,ask for a date to the waitress,she will agree

If u kill Jack,and speak to Maria aunt
u can tell her how u saved the world,if u have notified the king
otherwise also u can make some adulterous offers to her

Gweanar
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
I know of a pretty secret way to get to some secret areas, like walking on the mountain side. Anyone wanna know??

i allready know :P

DaSparkly
06-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Right,

1. I'm not to sure, but i think that seth was hit with a little LPS, as i havent found "Charlie" anywere else

2. It's death taking milder's soul.

3. the ice castle to the north. i'm not to sure, but i think that you go through the edge of the world to get there. ( through the trees on the far left )

3. find all the hidden areas. now go get some Dmods!

bully25
05-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey, I started playing Dink again a couple of days ago and I've discovered that it holds many more secrets than I found when I played it the first time. I finished it today, but I'm left with a few questions. I tried searching the forum, and looking all over the ingame world but I couldn't find the answer.

1. The empty house below Dink's Aunt's house has a sign mentioning a certain "Charlie". Who is he, and where can I find him? Is it just some sort of joke, or did Seth rule him out after discovering that it would be too time consuming to make him, or something like that?

2. In the area right before the last boss you can see some sort of boat sailing over the fire. What's the point of that boat? Are you supposed to do anything special with it?

EDIT:

Heh, I'm kind of surprised that the "Charlie" thing hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the Dink forum already, seeing as how people seems to love posting stuff like "HOW DODI KILLL DRAGON PLEASE HELP!?!!?!?!".

1. There is no Charlie
2. Play the DMod 'Cast Awakening Part 1: Initiation'
3. Yes, go to the western most point in the edge of the world and start burning trees.
4. Yes, various DMods

bobperiodic
07-15-2010, 06:11 PM

Umm, yes, I'd like to know that. I'd also like to know any locations other than Koal Island, the Ice Palace, and the Dragon Island