PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes after killing goblin guards

10-29-2005, 05:09 AM
I know about the freeze problem if you use magic to kill Mog, but my game keeps freezing as soon as I kill the four guards--Mog never appears, Dink doesn't move, and none of the keyboard commands work. Just in case magic was the problem there too, I tried finishing the guards off with arrows last time, and it still froze. Do I have to totally avoid using magic throughout the entire battle? I've been killing the green guys with acid rain and then hitting the other two with fireballs so they'll start swinging their axes around and one will kill the other. Then I can take care of the last one with one or two arrows.

I'm using the freeware game and have already installed the patch. Thanks if anyone can help me out!

11-07-2005, 10:11 PM
dont finish him off with magic. Holy jesusing crap-faced crapping anusless badger my head hurts. ahh.

Frusty
11-19-2005, 06:55 PM
errrrrrrrrrrrr...

ok?

11-27-2005, 02:50 AM
yeah...excuse me Mr. Too Lazy, but if you had carefully read my post you would have seen that I was not asking about killing Mog, but was instead having problems after killing his four guards. I still have yet to see Mog.

Tal
12-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Hmm.. no clue what's going on here, I've never heard of this problem. This is a pretty farfetched guess here, but have you messed with the game scripts any? Or maybe you had a corrupt install? Do you have an ancient computer that may not be able to handle the Ultimate Power of Dink?

If none of the above applies, consider pestering the people of the Dink Network (http://www.dinknetwork.com) message board.

01-26-2006, 06:21 AM
sorry, it's been a really long time since I remembered to check this...anyway: no, I haven't touched the scripts, and my computer is not brand spankin' new but gets along admirably with most everything else. so that probably leaves a corrupt install...which means I would have to start over. hmm. thanks for your help though.

Tal
01-28-2006, 01:13 AM
I found out that the Mog freeze bug still wasn't fixed in 1.07 due to a small spelling mistake in a script; if you want to take a chance and download Dink 1.08 Release Candidate 5, you can head this way (http://www.dinknetwork.com/forum.cgi?MID=58202). Or if you want to stay on the ultra-safe side, you can wait just a week or so (hopefully...) and the final 1.08 patch release should be out.