PDA

View Full Version : Growtopia Engine (Gamemaker studio)

Brennanber
10-10-2014, 05:34 AM
I'm Well there are quite a few "im making a game like growtopia threads" and when I go to see how much they have done I notice extreme bugs, code thats not theirs, lack of plan etc.

Well im making a growtopia-game like engine in gamemaker studio and will be completely open source.

So far I just put an hour into it.

download here. (http://prysmetikagames.weebly.com)

So far whats done:
-block object parent
-gems
-droprates of anything
-seed object parent
-wallbackground parent
-physics
-randomly generated worlds

Goals:
-servers (about 10% done)
-trees
-anticheat
-character mods
-modding support :)
-a generic shop
-world moving

Im not really dedicated to it but ill do whats there, I know what im doing but getting all of it done will take about 8 hours. (8hours I would much rather spend doing something else)

Once i have the starter out anyone is free to take it and make changes to it. (People are just going to take a credit anyways) try not to make it too similar to growtopia, just because it has the same elements you can do something much more!

Oh and for proper credit that I forgot to give
Idea - marsdenisarobog
sounds- nobody because I havent bothered that yet
Code - all me with the exception of the physics method, done by a youtuber guy. (Then edited by me)

Sheth
10-10-2014, 05:35 AM
Ooo that sounds interesting

You gonna reveal it to the forums first once you're done?

Brennanber
10-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Ooo that sounds interesting

You gonna reveal it to the forums first once you're done?

Yep. Ill probably put out version .2 this weekend

Brennanber
10-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Meh ill just put whats already there,

Download is now in the thread.

Brennanber
10-13-2014, 03:55 AM
Nobody? Well this was a seeming waste of time if nobodies enjoying it.

LordVenom
10-14-2014, 12:40 AM
This seems interesting. I might take a look.

grapezzzz19
10-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Well there are quite a few "im making a game like growtopia threads" and when I go to see how much they have done I notice extreme bugs, code thats not theirs, lack of plan etc.

Well im making a growtopia-game like engine in gamemaker studio and will be completely open source.

So far I just put an hour into it.

download here. (http://prysmetikagames.weebly.com)

So far whats done:
-block object parent
-gems
-droprates of anything
-seed object parent
-wallbackground parent
-physics
-randomly generated worlds

Goals:
-servers (about 10% done)
-trees
-anticheat
-character mods
-modding support :)
-a generic shop
-world moving

Im not really dedicated to it but ill do whats there, I know what im doing but getting all of it done will take about 8 hours. (8hours I would much rather spend doing something else)

Once i have the starter out anyone is free to take it and make changes to it. (People are just going to take a credit anyways) try not to make it too similar to growtopia, just because it has the same elements you can do something much more!

its not working. all i get is sandbox.gmz

marsdenisarobot
10-19-2014, 11:54 AM
It was actually my idea in the beginning, but Brennerbear's done most of it. We're working on it together, though.

Brennanber
10-20-2014, 02:54 AM
its not working. all i get is sandbox.gmz

You import that into gamemaker studio...

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you've never even used gamemaker in your life ive left a bunch of comments in places you can mess with. And creating blocks is fairly simple.

Brennanber
10-24-2014, 10:04 PM
It was actually my idea in the beginning, but Brennerbear's done most of it. We're working on it together, though.

I wrote all the code myself :/ so its just me developing the startup. But you are free to use it to make your growtopia mmo and such. Ill install faucet or 39 dll eventually to do such things.

Brennanber
10-29-2014, 02:59 AM
Is anyone actually going to use it? If not I probably shouldnt spend these precious hours adding multiplayer support.

LordVenom
11-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Multiplayer Support would make things that much better. I extremely recommend you add, the support

Johan009
11-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Growtopia is described by its developer as "an experimental multiplayer creative sandbox platformer MMO with crafting.

Brennanber
11-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Multiplayer Support would make things that much better. I extremely recommend you add, the support

Well then ill work on it...

dangerznez
11-16-2014, 01:19 AM
I know it's hard to do it but I really suggest u make in iOS i know it is hard

Brennanber
11-16-2014, 06:37 AM
I know it's hard to do it but I really suggest u make in iOS i know it is hard

Its actually not too difficult, but you do realize you will need the IOS SDK? (Along with the gamemaker export)

H3uy
11-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks for this. I have alot of ideas for this and i think ill go along with it.
If it goes far ill be sure to mention you.

Just some ideas.
If im able to, i havent checked it completly.
-pvp
-many updates
-mobs
Just to name a few.