PDA

View Full Version : I want to create my own mobile app/game

anchorsaway
10-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Hi, where do I start if I want to create my own mobile app? I have lots of ideas for useful apps and interesting games, but I'm not a hardcore programmmer.

Brennanber
10-29-2014, 02:55 AM
Hi, where do I start if I want to create my own mobile app? I have lots of ideas for useful apps and interesting games, but I'm not a hardcore programmmer.

So do you want to make it alone? Or do you just want to be director/ designer?
Also whats your budget?

Maven
10-29-2014, 03:00 AM
Its always good to have more than 1 person when doing this. If you were going for an online game it is very difficult even if you know how to program correctly. :prophet:

TheFanoftech
10-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Its always good to have more than 1 person when doing this. If you were going for an online game it is very difficult even if you know how to program correctly. :prophet:

Seth did pretty much all the coding for Growtopia, with Hamumu's assistance. Hamumu did mostly just the art.

Inner
10-29-2014, 10:52 PM
If your a programming beginner download Scratch (http://scratch.mit.edu/), a free program you can download.

Planning to make an offline game? Download Game Salad (http://gamesalad.com/), the easiest way to make your game!

Online games require a lot of work. I suggest you learn some programming languages before you start. Remember this isn't something you will accomplish over night. Take it from there; it should take you a good 2-3 months itself to excel in a language (at least for me it did).

Johan009
11-04-2014, 11:43 AM
It is very simple to create mobile app/game. I have had a few emails this week from some app makers that have asked me why I think that it is a good idea to create an Android game app for an existing business

anchorsaway
11-04-2014, 06:23 PM
No I don't necessarily need or want to do it by myself just trying to figure out if there's a decent company out there I can look to for assistance. I have a pretty decent budget for it so money really isn't an issue.

I read an article on Forbes about a mobile app developer and app creation software called Xamarin (http://www.forbes.com/sites/benkepes/2014/08/21/xamarin-raises-54-million-because-ma-and-mobile/), but again I'm not really familiar with developers and which are good or not but I will definitely check out GameSalad too because I think I read about them as well.

Brennanber
11-05-2014, 03:41 AM
No I don't necessarily need or want to do it by myself just trying to figure out if there's a decent company out there I can look to for assistance. I have a pretty decent budget for it so money really isn't an issue.

I read an article on Forbes about a mobile app developer and app creation software called Xamarin (http://www.forbes.com/sites/benkepes/2014/08/21/xamarin-raises-54-million-because-ma-and-mobile/), but again I'm not really familiar with developers and which are good or not but I will definitely check out GameSalad too because I think I read about them as well.

So you are really looking to direct a game? Choose an engine and hire people :)

Depending on your idea I could direct you to the right people.

PacksForAll
11-05-2014, 03:46 AM

Hey, I like how growtopia probably inspired you to make a game. Unfortunately, as easy of it seems, making your own app is very hard. First of all, you have to be 18+. Also, making the game script takes hours. Third, you have to have at least $2000 Budget or more for publishing the app and advertising.

Perry Steven
11-05-2014, 04:46 AM
Hey, I like how growtopia probably inspired you to make a game. Unfortunately, as easy of it seems, making your own app is very hard. First of all, you have to be 18+. Also, making the game script takes hours. Third, you have to have at least $2000 Budget or more for publishing the app and advertising.

Why do you have to be 18+? Also, $2000 Budget for publishing the app and advertising? I would only consider that amount of money handy if you are doing a joint project with other people and need to pay them.

Also, about age, I am puzzled as to why you say that...

Brennanber
11-05-2014, 06:20 AM
you have to be 18+. Also, making the game script takes hours. Third, you have to have at least $2000 Budget or more for publishing the app and advertising.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I started when I was ten.
Hours? So what? "Ugh doing what I want and love to do takes hourrrrs"
2000$? I made a weird web page about cookies for free (when I was ten) and made tons of games (generally small) and programs (like a starbound mod creator) with a 40$ program. (Also capable of creating apps)