PDA

View Full Version : Preferred IDE?

IAmABrodie
11-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Heya guys, I've been meaning to get back into coding as of late, and I just wanted to ask what you're preferred IDE is for C++? I'm using Code Blocks right now, but I'm not entirely sure this is the best to work with, and I'm too lazy to experiment personally, haha.

IAmABrodie
11-09-2014, 12:00 AM
I've actually used both Netbeans and Eclipse in the past with Java and am pretty well-equipped with both, never thought about using either for c++ instead, haha.

They're both great programs to work with, though I'm thinking that CodeBlocks is more suited to what I'm doing at the moment than those.

I'll definitely use both when I'm more comfortable with c++, thanks for informing me of both of these as well.

Anyone else got a suggestion?

Brennanber
11-09-2014, 08:02 AM
microsoft visual express, its free.

Johan009
11-11-2014, 05:34 AM
I'm impressed in finding out about people's preferred development environment. because Working with Play is easy. SO i also like it too.

jenova
11-14-2014, 12:30 AM
I have used Eclipse pretty extensively but even after a couple years with Java, I found a lot of shortcuts in Eclipse this past year I never knew about. My last project was an Android app to demonstrate JSON and I updated Eclipse in the middle of the project. The new update changed the project setup which I was not too happy about. Specifically it added an appcompatv7 folder to each new project which seemed to lag on my system and it just seemed unnecessary given my small project..I had no intentions of delivering an app to a large audience that may be using an old version of Android.

I am working on another small project now and I have switched to AndroidStudio. So far I like it a lot. I have not really explored GitHub but I know it integrates with it and there were other features that drew me to it.

I am not a programmer, just finishing up a degree so I had a chance to do some coding and explore some IDEs, all of the ones I mentioned are free. I never tried Netbeans and the only other coding I did was in Notepad++, not sure that qualifies as an IDE..I only used it once.

Also I have done the old school emacs coding and g++ compiler on unix..not an IDE at all..takes forever and you have to set up your emacs before starting if you don't want to go mad when you hit the 'backspace' key or another key that does not do what you think it did. It is a nice experience though just to be 'one with the code' down to the barebones and no fancy buttons/settings/gui cluttering up your space (which I prefer btw).

muntasir
11-14-2014, 12:36 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa can anyone explane what is code?