PDA

View Full Version : Coding and Developing questions ( SETH ) please READ AND REPLY* {please}

onlyking1
11-19-2014, 11:00 PM
I admire your excellence in the computer programming field . I have a couple of questions. :confused:

Did you attend school in the U.S ? If so what college did you attend ?*
Who taught you computer science ? ( Gaming developing , coding ETC. )
You are my role model in coding I want to learn from the best !:excl:

Harnm
11-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Er, support@growtopiagame.com.
Try another subforum though.

Inner
11-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Since Seth's pm box is probably full he usually accepts all questions to his email at seth@rtsoft.com... You can get the real deal on rtsoft.com

Cork
11-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Um, i doubt seth would tell you all hisnpersonal details but email him at support@growtopiagame.com or the one that was above. ^^

Seth
11-19-2014, 11:26 PM
(moved thread to Game development)

I am self taught. I was actually homeschooled and did not attend college. This isn't for everybody (my parents are somewhat insane) but it did mean a lot of computer time - and independent game development does happen to be one of those professions where you can go it alone if you've got the perseverance. I started writing games when I was 12 or so and haven't quit.

No matter your school or college, the secret to coding is finding tutorials/projects that are correct for your current skill and just DOING IT! You don't learn weightlifting by jumping straight to struggling with the heaviest weight, you need to gradually improve.

Googling "unity pong tutorial" is a great way to get started.

onlyking1
11-19-2014, 11:39 PM
BTW: you or a smart man ! :cool: Thanks for the advice ! And sorry about the wrong thread thing :sweatdrop: I will take your advice into consideration .
Keep up the good work !:cool:

Zfert
11-19-2014, 11:49 PM
thank you, i needed this

TheRealThatGuy
11-20-2014, 10:15 PM
(moved thread to Game development)

I am self taught. I was actually homeschooled and did not attend college. This isn't for everybody (my parents are somewhat insane) but it did mean a lot of computer time - and independent game development does happen to be one of those professions where you can go it alone if you've got the perseverance. I started writing games when I was 12 or so and haven't quit.

No matter your school or college, the secret to coding is finding tutorials/projects that are correct for your current skill and just DOING IT! You don't learn weightlifting by jumping straight to struggling with the heaviest weight, you need to gradually improve.

Googling "unity pong tutorial" is a great way to get started.

I'm Trying it Right Now!