PDA

View Full Version : Novashell - few questions (and bug report)

Dariusz G. Jagielski
05-12-2013, 01:40 PM
1. Is NS dead? Last build is two years old (from 2k11). I plan on making visual script editor (that would just generate Lua code), I have general idea how it would work and I'm working out details (because of how I plan it to work it should also be possible to use it with other Lua-Based engines without recompiling), but I don't want to make it for a dead project with little to o future.

2. BUG: When I'm using tile drawing tool (V and moving mouse around), Novashell crashes with standard "Game.exe encountered a problem and has to be closed. Looking for solution in progress..." dialog box. It doesn't crash right away, it does when you are using this tool for "too long" (I can't define too long, sorry). My hardware and software configuration is following: CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q9450 2.66GHz, 4GB of RAM, HDD 698GB (giving out real space shown by My Computer window, not one manufacturer put on it ;)), GPU: NVidia GeForce 9600GT, OS: Windows 7. Sorry I can't give more detail, but I don't know where NovaShell is keeping logs (if at all).

3. Is there any cheat-sheet with all of NovaShell shortcut keys?

4. Does NS support entity rotating? I plan on making top-down racing game with it and while I could draw every direction of every car, it would be easier (and more smooth) to just rotate base car sprite.

5. Where I can find complete list of functions that can be used in scripts and will be executed automatically by engine?

//edit: 6. How can I write text with different font? Arial doesn't suit me and pre rendered text is no option here as I plan on having many different texts and this would make game unnecessary big if I'd use PNG for every message.

//edit: 7. How to write Brains?
8. Where can I pickup Novashell sources?