PDA

View Full Version : Me... Alex

Alex
02-23-2007, 11:09 AM
You know Seth.. I can't help thinking that Dream Weaver is talking about me when he writes all those complaints, just because he simply doesn't get how I can win so often. A lot of people have accused me of cheating including Daytona, the admin of the 'intothesouth' server, who demanded that I told him how I had won ( i never did tell him :D ), but he understood eventually that it was a clean game.
I guess you could accuse me if you saw that I would log on once a week and i'd still win, but how can you believe I am cheating when you see that I log on every day and use every visit i have at my disposal?
If anyone should need confirmation of my fair play, I'd be more than happy to tell ONLY Seth how i did it ( if he kept it hush-hush ) and then him to confirm ' why yes.. it was a clean game '

Until then... I will only play one server at a time and I dare anyone to defeat me :cool:

jjohn
02-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Until then... I will only play one server at a time and I dare anyone to defeat me :cool:

Howdy,

It would be nice to explain to Seth your strategy so that if there's a game balance issue, he might be able to resolve it for a future release.

As long as you're not playing some kind of "metagame" with FQ, I think you're on solid footing. I can recall getting trunced by massive armies when I played starcraft online for the first time. No one cheated, but I was clearly playing against someone who understood how to manage his resources very efficiently.

Good luck,

--Joe

File Sponge
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
It would be nice to resolve the issue once and for all... I get a ton of emails from people complaining about Alex "cheating".

File Sponge
02-26-2007, 05:33 AM
I'd be more than happy to tell ONLY Seth how i did it ( if he kept it hush-hush ) and then him to confirm ' why yes.. it was a clean game '

I take back what I said, this wouldn't help anything. If your winning "strategy" is not revealed publicly, then you could say *anything* to Seth and there would be no way to know if you told him the truth about your method of winning. You could tell him "I wait until the last day and then buy a lot of budget hearses", and that would get the OK, but you could be doing something else entirely and nobody would ever know.

Maybe this isn't worth worrying about. I know on my server, I just want everyone to have fun and play fairly.

-Alex (the "other" Alex) aka File Sponge

Seth
02-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Well, if it's a cheat/taking advantage of a bug hopefully it will be reported, if not, uh, I guess it's fair game. Although I reserve the right to modify the game balance if I think it will make it a better game.

If "extra logging" is enabled it might give more info that could be used to catch cheating/dupe accounts/etc. Don't rule out strange things like being able to log on with a second account to crash the server at a specific time, so the first account gets something, etc. You never know what I overlooked. :o