PDA

View Full Version : FQServer Crashes When New Account Created

File Sponge
02-26-2007, 01:45 AM
I've noticed the FQServer seems to crash sometimes... only when new a new account is created. I see the "So and so has just moved into town!" line in the log, followed by a blank line, then the server initialization message. Any ideas why it might be happening?

It doesn't happen on EVERY new user, but it happens frequently enough that the server crashes several times a day. Fortunately, I'm running FQ Monitor so it always automatically restarts.

Seth
02-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Hmm, anybody else seeing this problem too?

Did this seem to start when all player slots got occuped or something related to that? Is this with the latest 'hot beta'? (which I think is safe to use, has some performance improvements)

File Sponge
02-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Hmm, anybody else seeing this problem too?

Did this seem to start when all player slots got occuped or something related to that? Is this with the latest 'hot beta'? (which I think is safe to use, has some performance improvements)

This has been happening for as long as I can remember (at least on 0.95). It was never too much of a problem, since there weren't all that many new users in a day... but yesterday there were more new users than usual, and as a result, the game crashed more often. I'm not running the hot beta version. I don't think it's related to all the player slots being occupied; they've never been all occupied before until yesterday, but the problem has existed for a long time prior to that.

Thanks!!

Seth
02-27-2007, 06:25 AM
Hmm, unfortunately this isn't something I've been able to reproduce here, so if there are any special settings or procedures to make it happen please drop me a line. I'm also wondering if it's related to having a certain # playing at the time of the new user sign up.

I may have to put up my own FQ server to catch this one, hrm.

Also, I recommend trying the "hot beta" build (yes, back up fq data first!), really the only thing that changed is a few slow and stupid functions I did were fixed, especially with logging. If the crash was performance related it might help.