PDA

View Full Version : I could not get it working

04-25-2003, 08:08 PM
I downloaded the demo, and I opened it and it said  Loading Please wait... then it became black then this screen appeared and it wasn't loading!  http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif Help! http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Seth
04-26-2003, 02:34 AM
TLM requires a pretty decent computer and video card. It's hard to specify the exact requirements because it depends on tweaking and drivers for older cards, like a Voodoo3 can work, but only with some drivers.

If you've got a TNT2 or newer, any Geforce card or newer ect you'll be ok.

Installing/Reinstallnig DirectX9 may help too. If you post your computer specs I can let you know if it's going to work or not.

05-21-2003, 05:07 PM
I get the SAME thing . Black screen. I just bought my computer 2 years ago. I'm not about to go out and buy another computer or another graphics card just to play ONE game. It would seem to ME that if there are alot of people that aren't able to play the game then maybe the programmer could write a version to where I guess doesn't require so many graphics? ...it looks like a fun game but I seriously doubt anyone is going to go out and buy a new computer or sound card just to play it

Seth
05-22-2003, 04:27 AM
What kind of card do you have?  Basically you need a card with 3d hardware acceleration that can handle larger texture sizes and has 16 MB+ memory.

This is pretty much any recent 3D card.

It's possible if I test with your card type I can fix it to work with that card, but it's pretty difficult for me to get the hardware and test with a lot of older cards.

If all else fails, just go play Dink, that thing'll run on your grandmom's machine.

05-23-2003, 03:45 AM
You two have attitude problems. First off, there are tons of gamers out there that play this game. To expect Seth to reprogram the game because you have a two or four year old machine is a little extreme. It's not like he is making millions off of this game.

I don't know, maybe your shoot doesn't stink...and maybe you don't put on your pants on leg at a time.. I think a little courtesy and not acting like a complete ******* would be nice. Maybe try complaining to EverQuest and tell them that you think 512megs of RAM and a Geforce3 or better card is a little extreme. I am sure that they will bend over backwards for you!

06-03-2003, 06:13 AM
Your the one with the attitude lady! ...I just simply said that I seriously don't think that people are going to go out and buy a very expensive graphics card to play TLM when their graphics card works fine on every other game in the stores!