PDA

View Full Version : Interesting E-Mail and Event

pricedonald
12-06-2007, 05:08 AM
I've just recieved an e-mail from one of my players and this is what it says:

__________________________________________________ ______________
I have 2,000,000,000 points in Funeral Quest:

"Hi. I did use my turns anyway. Is there any way to roll back the points without shutting down the game or deleting my character? I have no idea how I got the points. There was a special event (phone message) that I'd never seen before."
__________________________________________________ ______________

My game is only in day 35 of 60!:eek:

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

Donald Price

pricedonald
12-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Now I've got two players with 40,000,000 and 36,000,000 in the game!:eek:
The next closest score is 165,000.

Is this a bug?:confused:

Thanks

Seth
12-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Hmm, I've had someone else have a similar problem last month.

I think it's an FQ bug, not neccesarily a hack/cheat type of thing.

I've been looking around through the source but haven't been able to find any problems yet.

Do you run any mods, if so, which ones? You might want to email the other guy and ask what he was doing when his score changed or something like that to help narrow it down.

Daytona
12-07-2007, 01:39 AM
The other two players hit the top player who at that time had the top points.. Thats how they got it so high.. You need to look back in you logs to see how much points they got and take them back..Or it will be a two player game!!!

File Sponge
12-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Hmm, I've had someone else have a similar problem last month.

I think it's an FQ bug, not neccesarily a hack/cheat type of thing.

I've been looking around through the source but haven't been able to find any problems yet.

I do backups every night at 11:59pm. When I had this same problem a while back, I restored the 11:59pm backup from the night before a player got the mysterious high score. I logged in to the game the "next day" as the player who had all the points and was able to see first-hand that he got this: "Your answering machine has the message: Bring the SUV hearse up to the haunted cabin. We got bodies. You earn 110244217 Bury Points.

http://geocities.com/fsponge/points.jpg

jjohn
12-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Yikes! That's one of my entries in the news_blurbs.txt file. It's the last entry in the file. I'm not sure there's a final newline at the end. Don't know if that matters.

Here's the code:

//Evil dead
start_entry
title|SOME OF AREA DEAD EVIL, MENACING
message|A local professor's cabin, located in a remote wooded area, was the scene of hair-whitening terror last night as the recording of demon-resurrection passages were unwittingly played aloud by a curious area youth. It was later learned that the professor and his wife had been overcome already by the resuscitated evil when the recordings were first made. Emergency personnel were unable to reach the cabin, due to a bizzare bridge accident.
give_random|`wYour answering machine has the message:\n\n`$Bring the SUV hearse up to the haunted cabin. We got bodies.
mod_bp|50
add_log|*HOME* discreetly removes the bodies from the haunted cabin, woodshed.

I guess you could try moving this block to a different section of the file to see if that helps, but I think the problem may be in the FQ engine.

devilsmaster
12-10-2007, 04:45 AM
I am still unable to believe this how could someone earn so many points. in 35 days. If there is any idea plese tell me that too.

File Sponge
12-11-2007, 03:05 AM
I am still unable to believe this how could someone earn so many points. in 35 days. If there is any idea plese tell me that too.

I think you are missing the point. We're saying it's a bug.