PDA

View Full Version : Mac N00b (no laughing)

madmark
12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
I just shipped our first ClanLib project for Windows and now this nice shiny black MacBook appears on my desk with the note to port the game, QUICK!

I have my code on the system from SVN and I have XCode installed and I even have the examples running, w00t!

Problem is, I can't figure out what should be a very simple task of creating the xcode project for my game source.

Are there any Mac people here that could help me?

madmark
12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Not sure, but I think I have a project. I created a "Legacy Application" and then "Upgraded to Native".

The whole thing compiles and links but it gets the following error on run:
EyeSeeIt has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).
[Session started at 2007-12-31 09:48:12 -0600.]
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/ClanApp.framework/Versions/A/ClanApp
Referenced from: /Users/mark/Projects/EyeSeeIt/Game/Runtime/EyeSeeItMac/build/Debug/EyeSeeIt.app/Contents/MacOS/EyeSeeIt
Reason: image not found

EyeSeeIt has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).cI thik this is trying to tell me something, but I don't have a clue.

Seth
01-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Hi Mark,

I believe the process I used was to make a new project (I think..), then open the Clanlib XCode file and drag and drop the ClanLib modules into my project.

You then may have to add the projects to your build, choosing the "Copy it over" option. In the end when you investigate your final .app (It's just a directory) you should find that it's huge with all the Clanlib stuff inside of it.

The error may be that you don't have it set to copy over the CL libs into the app.. sorry the whole process is hazy in my brain, was a while ago I set it up.

madmark
01-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Google is my friend... sorta

With your suggestion I was able to piece together what to do and I have almost everything working. Main thing is to replace the windoze registry stuff and fix some strange graphic errors. I will post some screenshot when I can get the two systems together, but there is sort of a white line along the right edge of some drawn surfaces.