PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Quest is "dead"

Seth
06-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Hey guys,

I sadly wish to inform you that Funeral Quest has been shut down.

A combination of reasons lead to this including hardware failure, dwindling player base, reports of cheating, lack of time to watch it and a tourney just ended so it's a pretty good time.

Thanks for playing.

Hawk
06-26-2013, 11:15 AM
This is truly a sad event to take place. I have enjoyed this game over the years and was elated when it came back this last time, but unfortunately, some people just could not behave themselves with their universal egos and just had to ruin things for everyone else.

Funeral Quest will always be the top game for me. It shall be sorely missed :: sniff, sniff ::

Perhaps someday another version of this totally fantastic game shall emerge upon the cyber world for a whole new generation to enjoy digging holes, chasing cats, releasing hordes of zombies to roam the streets and of course, meet and greet under that big green bottle for mochachinnos.

Farewell, Funeral Quest, parting is not so sweet but the memories shall always remain tasty along with the friends I made there lurking in the shadows of the cemetery, hospital and church. Creepy business owners and priests wave bye-bye as I slowly close and lock the door of my beloved funeral parlor for the last time as a lonely animal howls in the background giving a slight chill up the spine and a little shiver. Was that the twins I see over there out of the corner of my eye? Yes, it is, torch in hand they snuff out the flame and disappear into the night.

Thank you, Seth for the years of enjoyment and good luck in all your future endeavors.

Nice to meet you all and play side by side for the moments we had together.

The one and only
Hawk of Eternal Nesting

Sadge
06-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Well, darn! Sorry to hear it. Although . . . I will keep the bookmark, just moved to the bottom of my list. It did "die" years before, and arose from the dead. I'm forever optimistic.
~Sadge (aka Allie, this last time around)

Digger O'Gravey
06-29-2013, 04:43 PM
I am very sad to see FQ's demise. Thank you Seth for creating such a great game, and to all the online players who helped make for some great tournaments! congrats to all the past winners, and hopefully we may all get a chance to play this great game in the future!

Best to all,

Digger O'Gravey
see? I Told U I was sick! :cool:

DevinS
06-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Every Game dies. http://www.smileygarden.de/smilie/Traurig/52.gif

Cade83
06-30-2013, 12:31 PM

That's not necessarily true. Some games have lasted for a long time.

DevinS
06-30-2013, 03:45 PM

It is true. In 20 years (maximal) these games die. Like us, humans.

matemar
06-30-2013, 07:35 PM
what if this happens to growtopia too T_T

Derpyderp
07-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Everyone dies someday
nothing lasts forever
cheer up, im pretty sure you guys will find a game with the same amount of fun as FQ
Good luck and farewell

Cade83
07-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Everyone dies someday
nothing lasts forever
cheer up, im pretty sure you guys will find a game with the same amount of fun as FQ
Good luck and farewell

It is true. In 20 years (maximal) these games die. Like us, humans.

But games aren't people... And I wouldn't say they last a max of 20 years. I've seen some games last longer, like some of the old classics. I still play those. And look at Pac-Man. That's lasted for ages. It was released in 1980 and it's still around today! That's 33 years...

InYourFACE
07-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Hawk, I have heard a lot of you, and it's sad that such a veteran of FQ has lost maybe her favourite game.
I am sure you'll miss it, but it's just a game. Good luck in your future.

KillerXD
08-04-2013, 10:54 PM
what if this happens to growtopia too T_T

NOT GROWTOPIA!!!:cry::cry::cry::nope:nope::cry:

raqk
08-22-2013, 02:56 AM
Hey guys,

A combination of reasons lead to this including hardware failure, dwindling player base, reports of cheating, lack of time to watch it and a tourney just ended so it's a pretty good time.

Thanks for playing. Oh... heh, ive been trying to get onto fq everyday for a month now, and just now read this thread... :sweatdrop:

NinjafishSwag
09-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Oh... heh, ive been trying to get onto fq everyday for a month now, and just now read this thread... :sweatdrop:

lol raqk...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys,

Thanks for playing.

I was hoping on trying that too :C

Timewarper
09-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for playing.

I've been on the AppStore for about an hour looking for it......super sad face :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Angrox
09-27-2013, 01:53 PM
I guess.. this a real funeral..
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/6YMPAH67f4o/hqdefault.jpg

R.I.P Funeral Quest :ninja:

lolgal96
09-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Ok, well don't let Growtopia die. Ever.

Person1507
10-24-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't know what Funeral Quest is, but I'll just say...it's sad that this game is gone. :(

iJinx
10-27-2013, 03:26 AM
Sad, more and more games dies

I don't think online games can live over 20 years, because more and more games are coming, unless it's like Pac-man, Mario or sonic :sweatdrop:

SuperJ
10-27-2013, 04:23 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for playing.I do not know what this game is, but it is truly sad to see one of you're creations go....

Danlord101
12-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Last a long time....... Not forever

raqk
01-04-2014, 04:15 AM
Everyone dies someday
nothing lasts forever
Good luck and farewell

somethings do last forever, human existance is just one of them. and some day i believe that there will be a game that truly last forever (that game may be growtopia)

DanaKeller
01-04-2014, 10:29 AM
When its gonna restart..?

PatrickCrissman
02-05-2014, 06:50 AM
i am not that much worried to the move taken by .. instead looking forward for something more better and improved to come in place in future .. is anything such in pipeline ?

ashleyrunt
02-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Sad to see FQ dead and buried seems to be for good.
Missing some off my old friends on there )-:
Anyhow i`m thinking about playing around with setting up a small web server and was wondering if the FQ server files are available anywhere.
If so what amount of server memory is needed.
If i can/do get FQ working on a server I might be able to set up a small tournament.
Just an idea at the moment but any idea of whats involved would be appreciated .
Set up would be a Raspberry PI connected to a fibre network running Raspbian / Apache/PHP

Hawk
04-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Sad to see FQ dead and buried seems to be for good.
Missing some off my old friends on there )-:
Anyhow i`m thinking about playing around with setting up a small web server and was wondering if the FQ server files are available anywhere.
If so what amount of server memory is needed.
If i can/do get FQ working on a server I might be able to set up a small tournament.
Just an idea at the moment but any idea of whats involved would be appreciated .
Set up would be a Raspberry PI connected to a fibre network running Raspbian / Apache/PHP

HEY, ASHLEY! REMEMBER ME? HAWK?
I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT IF YOU DO GET THE FQ GAME GOING, LET ME KNOW, SHOOT ME AN EMAIL OR SOMETHING: UMEUSFC2@AOL.COM
I REALLY DO MISS FQ, BUT MOSTLY THE FRIENDS I MADE THERE. TAKE CARE! <3

Havoc
04-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Everyone dies someday
nothing lasts forever
Good luck and farewell

That's not necessarily true because I haven't found a game with the same ammount of fun as Growtopia.

Disaster
04-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for playing.

Please don't shut down Growtopia

Brys
04-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Please don't shut down Growtopia

I doubt that would happen.

SageDeoxys
05-15-2014, 04:49 AM
If Tanked doesn't receive an update soon, then this will be Tanked's future as well...

Coneman
05-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Seth Died :panic:

iPhotos
09-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Seth,
What is 'Funeral Quest'?

Its problably a game what rtsoft had.

InstaRabbit
09-30-2014, 05:50 AM
somethings do last forever, human existance is just one of them. and some day i believe that there will be a game that truly last forever (that game may be growtopia)

Human existence you say?

*Invents a nuke that can blow up Earth*

Jing
10-03-2014, 01:48 AM
Well, darn! Sorry to hear it. Although . . . I will keep the bookmark, just moved to the bottom of my list. It did "die" years before, and arose from the dead. I'm forever optimistic.
~Sadge (aka Allie, this last time around)

? Seth what is a funeral quest?:confused:

soundholic01
11-28-2014, 03:54 PM

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Mrs.TommoSwag
11-28-2014, 04:27 PM
:crazy::crazy::crazy:

WHY DID YOU GRAVEDIG!?

raqk
11-28-2014, 06:22 PM
WHY DID YOU GRAVEDIG!?

GraveDig... get it? cuz its funeral quest? get it? no? ok...

I dont really think its considered to be grave digging if its a stick though...

amebapiz
12-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Why.... I was suppose to be downloading this game :(

fireblocker
03-03-2015, 05:29 AM

Like Mincrft! :)

craft3d
03-24-2015, 11:52 PM
y u du dis life

tainguyen
04-07-2015, 08:48 AM
I used to love playing Funeral Quest a year or more ago. Is it dead now? When I found it on my JIG google thingy I was ecstatic.
There are no active servers though. How disappointing.:(

raqk
05-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Why hasn't half life died yet?
Ask the community.

Funeral quest III confirmed? We can be like Microsoft and skip a couple of versions...

denver_dudley83
07-11-2015, 02:28 AM
Really? Is there news said Funeral Quest will have new installment? Is it true? Don't make me excited! :rolleyes:

coolunblockedgames
07-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Oh, it is sad to hear that since I can play the game without downloading - the most charming feature I like best.

raqk
09-27-2015, 11:49 AM
Really? Is there news said Funeral Quest will have new installment? Is it true? Don't make me excited! :rolleyes:

Maybe, read this!

A little background on how I choose what project to work on. (with the exception of Growtopia, RTsoft still has exactly one developer, me! (well, Akiko helps sometimes too with art)

The Dink community is telling me I need to put Dink Smallwood on steam and do updates.

Got an email letting me know I need to get Funeral Quest (a browser based multiplayer game where you run competing funeral parlors) up again. It's tricky because it's flash based and Flash is now more or less dead, huge amount of work to get that running for most browsers again.

Growtopia has a big "Fishing" update that is in the works right now. (Slowed down by iOS approval delays)

Tanked doesn't have many players, but it's still a good game and really does deserve updates.

I have a NEW game I'm designing but can't decide on which engine to use yet, need to do more research and tests. :panic:

Blip Arcade should be made free and updated to work on tablets better. (ok fine, nobody asked for that, but I'd like to do it)

Akiko wants to do a 5 hour bike ride today. I might.

Yet for some reason the only thing I've done for the last few days is play MGSV and am having a great time, I'm at 44% complete, can I finish it?

Moral of the story is the great thing about running your own company is while you do need to meet certain obligations (if there is a bug in any of these games that ruin it, you need to drop everything and fix it) but you can try to follow your own personal motivation when choosing on what you want to work on next.

Motivations change from month to month. I try to be very honest and not promise "huge updates!" to games unless I know I am going to deliver and with Tanked I just don't know - the only thing I can promise is that I will do my best to keep the server running. I don't think the current income it makes every pays for the server cost anymore.

Hype?

SnowyFox1000
09-27-2015, 11:50 AM
A Funeral For Funeral Quest.

OLiVERi
10-29-2015, 12:07 AM
this thread still lasted :panic:

Colons
11-17-2015, 09:37 PM
Funeral quest is ded.
I am ded.
You are ded.
Seth is ded.
EVERYONE IS DED.

DarkLight7
11-17-2015, 10:02 PM
I hope growtopia survives atleast the next couple of years,eaven though its pretty obvious its faling apart.:cry:

Alex Charlie
11-29-2015, 03:18 PM
I also want the game back. I was quite good at it, winning lots of tournaments. Please bring it back. Maybe for this Christmas? Or the one after this one at least

PiZaHuTt
03-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Get the irony? Funeral Quest? Funeral, dead people. The game is "dead" ;) im sorry to hear that tho.

raqk
03-16-2016, 10:47 PM
Get the irony? Funeral Quest? Funeral, dead people. The game is "dead" ;) im sorry to hear that tho.

I haven't seen this thread in a while... Seth really should bring this game back.

PiZaHuTt
03-17-2016, 03:14 PM
I haven't seen this thread in a while... Seth really should bring this game back.

I never palyed it so yea I would love to see it.

PiZaHuTt
09-13-2016, 06:47 PM
*Tumbleweed*

KillShotHD
04-19-2017, 02:15 AM
Hopefully this thread can live on because FQ sure as heck is dead.