PDA

View Full Version : How is this even possible?

sw0mgt
01-05-2008, 10:14 AM
So tonight I saw a new server on the Funeral Quest list. The description was:

15-day tournament started January 5.
Scripted hospital, florist and graveyard. No guns mod. No top player bonuses. Turn saver installed. 12 turns/day.

Now, I've played my fair share of Funeral Quest games, so I'd like to think I'm better than average. I know when to soft/hard sell, when to guilt/sympathize, etc. Already, a player has 1,900 BPs. IT'S DAY ONE!!! How is that even possible? I got as much as I could and I only have 700 BPs.

Are they cheating? It'd be pretty easy to use a proxy and register multiple accounts. I have no reason to suspect that, but come on... how do you manage to get 1,200 more BPs than me when I played every customer well? I used my gold tags and got psychology as soon as I could.

It just seems impossible. There are only two visits a day, and I can't imagine him getting 500 BPs a visit. He also had no perfect sales in the newspaper. So what's going on? How do you manage to get TWICE as much BPs as me when I did EVERYTHING I could?

File Sponge
01-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Already, a player has 1,900 BPs. IT'S DAY ONE!!! How is that even possible? I got as much as I could and I only have 700 BPs.
How do you manage to get TWICE as much BPs as me when I did EVERYTHING I could?

Hi, I'm the admin on the server you mentioned above. My game is a little different than the other FQ games you may have played, because there are a lot of new features. Things can happen in the graveyard, the hospital, and the florist that you would not see in other games. Some events are random (like finding a key in the graveyard) that allow you to get to other secret places in the game, if you know where to look. With these custom features, it's still important to be a good seller, but there are new elements of strategy involved that can allow players to get even more points than they might from sales alone.

I hope you will come back and look around some more. It sounds like you are a really good FQ player who will go to the top of the rankings in my game as soon as you adapt to the new settings in my game.

By the way, my game has been up for a few years -- I just had some computer and network issues that I couldn't get resolved over the holidays. It's nice to be back online again.