PDA

View Full Version : The "1 Wl Game"

MyLegGuy
05-17-2015, 11:06 PM
My amazing 1 Wl Game for Android is complete.

What the game is about
You play as this happy face guy and you avoid spikeballs.
There is 8 levels.
Complete the game, and you'll win 1 worldlock. (Pm me if you win)
On the title screen, make sure you enter your Growtopia username so I'll know who has won if you win.

Also, the spikes move.

If your afraid about it harming your device, don't be. First off, it does not. Second, the only permission it needs when installing is full network access. It needs that so it can tell my server that you have won.

How to install
It's very easy.
First, on your android device, go to the following link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzzy8lgzz1ivtru/1%20Worldlock%20game.apk?dl=0
Press download.
You'll probably get a warning that this TYPE of file can harm your device. But like I said, I'm pretty sure it can't.
After it's finished downloading, if you have a notification that the download is complete then you can tap that and install it.
But if you don't have that download complete notification, then the download either isn't complete, or you cleared the notification, or it never felt like showing up in the first place.
So, if that happens you'll need to get a file manager.
Just go to the play store (or whatever app store you can use) and install a file manager. It does not really matter which one you pick.
Find your downloads folder.
Open 1 worldlock game.apk
(If it asks what to open the file with, choose package installer (I think that's what it's called).)
And then you can install it.

If that mini-tutorial thing is confusing, look up a video tutorial on how to install apk files.

I also have a windows version. If anybody is interested in that, post here or pm me.

Have fun!

Game screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/btu2l5brekxpr64/GameScreenshot.PNG?dl=0

Conan
05-18-2015, 08:29 AM
DELETED :P

MyLegGuy
05-19-2015, 12:35 AM
you used Growtopia textures?

that isnt allowed..............
Better takedown the download or get ready to be sued

I'm terribly hurt.
You didn't even try it. :cry:
But I'm just going to assume you don't have an android device. :D

I didn't use any Growtopia textures.

I'ma post a screenshot. Maybe people will see the screenshot and think the game is dumb. And it is!

peck
05-19-2015, 04:51 AM
My amazing 1 Wl Game for Android is complete.

What the game is about
You play as this happy face guy and you avoid spikeballs.
There is 8 levels.
Complete the game, and you'll win 1 worldlock. (Pm me if you win)
On the title screen, make sure you enter your Growtopia username so I'll know who has won if you win.

Also, the spikes move.

If your afraid about it harming your device, don't be. First off, it does not. Second, the only permission it needs when installing is full network access. It needs that so it can tell my server that you have won.

How to install
It's very easy.
First, on your android device, go to the following link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzzy8lgzz1ivtru/1%20Worldlock%20game.apk?dl=0
Press download.
You'll probably get a warning that this TYPE of file can harm your device. But like I said, I'm pretty sure it can't.
After it's finished downloading, if you have a notification that the download is complete then you can tap that and install it.
But if you don't have that download complete notification, then the download either isn't complete, or you cleared the notification, or it never felt like showing up in the first place.
So, if that happens you'll need to get a file manager.
Just go to the play store (or whatever app store you can use) and install a file manager. It does not really matter which one you pick.
Find your downloads folder.
Open 1 worldlock game.apk
(If it asks what to open the file with, choose package installer (I think that's what it's called).)
And then you can install it.

If that mini-tutorial thing is confusing, look up a video tutorial on how to install apk files.

I also have a windows version. If anybody is interested in that, post here or pm me.

Have fun!

Game screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/btu2l5brekxpr64/GameScreenshot.PNG?dl=0

An actual game in the game development section??
You should have a more proper method of reaching your game instead of dropbox.

you used Growtopia textures?

that isnt allowed..............
Better takedown the download or get ready to be sued
Sigh

MyLegGuy
05-19-2015, 08:11 PM
An actual game in the game development section??
You should have a more proper method of reaching your game instead of dropbox.

Sigh

You came to suggest a more proper method of reaching me game! Excellent. What is it?

Conan
05-19-2015, 08:40 PM
I'm terribly hurt.
You didn't even try it. :cry:
But I'm just going to assume you don't have an android device. :D

I didn't use any Growtopia textures.

I'ma post a screenshot. Maybe people will see the screenshot and think the game is dumb. And it is!

I just assumed lol

Sorry. I have an android device :P

You came to suggest a more proper method of reaching me game! Excellent. What is it?

He is saying put it on the play store.

But @Peck not every student developer has $25 to waste on a Play Store Dev account :P

peck
05-19-2015, 09:51 PM
I just assumed lol

Sorry. I have an android device :P

He is saying put it on the play store.

But @Peck not every student developer has $25 to waste on a Play Store Dev account :P

But im sure there are ways to acquire $25 to take such a large steps towards more official development. Silly assumption here, but if you own something than can create such a game, you aren't too deep under the poverty line to come up with the fees required for these things. This was a suggestion, not a demand, if someone cannot afford it, then don't.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I came to suggest that you find a more safer/convenient way of publishing your apps. If you want a suggestion of where, I personally think you should start with google playstore.

Conan
05-20-2015, 01:37 AM
But im sure there are ways to acquire $25 to take such a large steps towards more official development. Silly assumption here, but if you own something than can create such a game, you aren't too deep under the poverty line to come up with the fees required for these things. This was a suggestion, not a demand, if someone cannot afford it, then don't.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I came to suggest that you find a more safer/convenient way of publishing your apps. If you want a suggestion of where, I personally think you should start with google playstore.

well im just saying we could spend that money in a much better way.

Im not trying to be rude or anything.

peck
05-20-2015, 02:06 AM

It's alright because I wasn't trying to be rude either. Sorry if so. We both have our own opinions on how useful this purchase may or may not be.

Conan
05-20-2015, 02:15 AM
It's alright because I wasn't trying to be rude either. Sorry if so. We both have our own opinions on how useful this purchase may or may not be.

Well if he is gonna continue making android apps he should go buy one right? It could benefit him.

MyLegGuy
05-20-2015, 02:23 AM
I'm not even 18 yet. I'm assuming you think I'm a college student.

I don't play on putting an app on google play until I make a good app.
Some pretty stupid stuff is on there, and I don't want to add my happy face game to the collection of very stupid apps there.

I could spend $25 to publish apps to the google play store, but as I said before, I just don't think I'm ready for my games to be there yet.

Actually, what I used to make my game was free.

Also, if you have any ideas for a game that wouldn't be to hard to make, tell me.
Don't go and say I should make an mmo or something.

I actually think it would be a great way to spend my money.

2 posts while I was writing this. Wow.

Conan
05-20-2015, 02:26 AM

Some pretty stupid stuff is on there, and I don't want to add my happy face game to the collection of very stupid apps there.

I could spend $25 to publish apps to the google play store, but as I said before, I just don't think I'm ready for my games to be there yet.

Also, if you have any ideas for a game that wouldn't be to hard to make, tell me.

Lol

Well its a good way to spend money but not for students like us (I know ur age :P ur bro said it to me xD)

I might shell out 25$ as soon as i start doing some games (Or maybe some apps)

peck
05-20-2015, 02:40 AM

Maybe not yet, but itl be waiting for you when you get there. People like to believe they can start off with game networking, but usually will fail along that. Just make tons of crappy but different games, you learn new things and you'll find as you go along, some aren't that bad.

RayGunX2
05-20-2015, 02:45 AM
I highly suggest that you should do this in another place because this has nothing to do with GT Game Development and you should do this on the google place store since its on Android.

peck
05-20-2015, 02:48 AM
I highly suggest that you should do this in another place because this has nothing to do with GT Game Development and you should do this on the google place store since its on Android.

This subforum is Game development, not GT game development. I think you're lost.

Conan
05-20-2015, 02:48 AM
Maybe not yet, but itl be waiting for you when you get there. People like to believe they can start off with game networking, but usually will fail along that. Just make tons of crappy but different games, you learn new things and you'll find as you go along, some aren't that bad.

Most new online game devs always mess up on the networking. I agree on that

This has nothing to do with growtopia

This subforum is for game developers and not for developing growtopia

PS we hate minimods

MyLegGuy
05-20-2015, 09:24 PM
Lol

Well its a good way to spend money but not for students like us (I know ur age :P ur bro said it to me xD)

I might shell out 25$ as soon as i start doing some games (Or maybe some apps)

My bro? And who would that be?
I don't think my brothers would ever do that.
Probably somebody who pretended to be my brother.