PDA

View Full Version : Seth: hear our pleas

Boomer
05-23-2015, 10:57 PM
This isn't funny anymore. Its been too long since we had any new and exciting updates (Shadow Tank, spring 2013). Every day I log in, and see maybe 15 people on at once. 20 if we're lucky. We need something besides an occasional system update. We're tired of the same modes. The same maps. The same tanks. The same items.

I know you're busy with Growtopia. But trust me, they're fine. They don't need constant TLC. Plus you have Mike, who can take care of them for a little bit.

Tanked doesn't make much money. But could you just do this for the loyal people who have hung with this game for the last several years? Trying with all their might to keep it alive?

Perhaps spend 15-20 minutes a night creating something new? A new tank? A new map? Anything.

We aren't asking for new items every 2 weeks. But just something to know you still care about us.

Please, Seth. HEAR US.

NOTemet
05-24-2015, 01:05 AM
bro no matter how much we plea the more he won't update the game just let him do it :yeah:

InYourFACE
05-24-2015, 07:39 AM
Booker, Nice one. Very well written :)

Seth
05-24-2015, 01:40 PM
Well, I honestly don't see myself ever doing any major updates for Tanked (new features etc), but I think some smaller ones to fix it to work better on new phones (controls are too tiny etc) is in the cards. It's a cool little game but I'd rather work on other stuff.

Jack Bowe
05-24-2015, 01:46 PM
I'm not a huge Tanked player, but I play Growtopia, and I can see that it earns more money and is thus a priority, but Seth, have you not considered maybe adding a co-developer on Tanked, a loyal player, perhaps? That is, if any of them have the coding capability, that way everyone is happy. :p

NOTemet
05-24-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm not a huge Tanked player, but I play Growtopia, and I can see that it earns more money and is thus a priority, but Seth, have you not considered maybe adding a co-developer on Tanked, a loyal player, perhaps? That is, if any of them have the coding capability, that way everyone is happy. :p

LOL get ready for ur job interview jack XD

skullking
05-24-2015, 09:53 PM
GOD HAS SPOKEN AHHHHHH! I luv this but this is getting stupid! Hey LOL for life now right? IGN is greaerLOK

Boomer
05-24-2015, 10:58 PM
but I think some smaller ones to fix it to work better on new phones (controls are too tiny etc) is in the cards.

Thats the problem: we don't want small system updates. That's all we've had the last 3(?) "updates."

We need love too...

Or, like JackBowe said, hire a co-admin to help out. Blenderite knows how to program and can work with graphics (he tried to make a tank game a couple years ago).

JOSHIE63
05-25-2015, 02:33 AM
I don't think we should push him too much. We really shouldn't tell him what to do. However, Jack's idea was quite a proposal. A player that has coding experience could perhaps work on Tanked for fun. Despite the brilliance of the idea, players like that are one in a million.

Mr.Potter
05-25-2015, 03:25 AM
Yes, absolutely! Seth please hear us out!!! I was talking with Junior earlier about this, and I do not expect to be a co-developer (yet?) but I am perfectly willing to make one, two, or even three new maps for Tanked, just need the coding system, and a week or two! Just a suggestion, and if not me, like said above Blenderite is a loyal player and is pretty good with codes and graphic design as well.. Please Seth, Please...

NOTemet
05-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Yes, absolutely! Seth please hear us out!!! I was talking with Junior earlier about this, and I do not expect to be a co-developer (yet?) but I am perfectly willing to make one, two, or even three new maps for Tanked, just need the coding system, and a week or two! Just a suggestion, and if not me, like said above Blenderite is a loyal player and is pretty good with codes and graphic design as well.. Please Seth, Please...

UGH you want to be a co developer then wait... until Seth gets you a job interview :3

XxJeirinxX
05-25-2015, 06:46 AM
Not saying I want to be a developer but i'm good at programming.

Jack Bowe
05-25-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm with Boomer - Blenderite has the ability to help run the game (as far as I know) and is one of the most loyal and active players of Tanked. :)

JebLV
05-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Well, I honestly don't see myself ever doing any major updates for Tanked (new features etc), but I think some smaller ones to fix it to work better on new phones (controls are too tiny etc) is in the cards. It's a cool little game but I'd rather work on other stuff.

I realy like tanked but i stoped playing it because there werent enough things to do!! There should be ways to get Those coins FASTER cuz its hard to get them!!! Plz just take some time making this game beter!!!

Fatalislayer
05-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Sometimes I feel like all this CP I've earned is a waste because of the number of people playing the game.

Boomer
05-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Sometimes I feel like all this CP I've earned is a waste because of the number of people playing the game.

Same, I hardly log in now due to so few of people.

darkhawk
05-26-2015, 02:42 AM
Cmon Seth, we're literally the kids you've started off with the eldest, give some love back to us and perhaps just let blenderite or somebody responsible with coding skills to take over! I remember loving this game and I still have hope in it, please Seth give it another shot (literally cause they're tanks?)

-DH

sonsoftanked
05-26-2015, 03:13 AM
you cant just give up on tanked it aint FQ. tanked has potential all you have to do is add a few more tanks and maps. just take a dang break from grow bro, it'll be fine and they should understand why you'd be taking a break from it. another tank game ive played gets a few updates a month and its 1 or 2 years younger then tanked and its growing. you update tanked it will grow. also if you come on a few more other people will want to come to see you. if you want some map and tank ideas talk to me and some others i know we'll get it figured out. come on Mr. Admin we are in trouble and you can easily help us. maybe find someone to assist to if you need it. but giving aint the right way, it aint the Tanked way.

sonsoftanked
05-26-2015, 03:37 AM
make more modes like pbb or panzer beagle battle me and ender did some people really liked it you can make it for teams and solo, also a lot of people have wanted race, tag, and hide and seek. i know there's a few other things im forgetting so if any of y'all know em please add em.

Seth
05-26-2015, 07:03 AM
You guys make it sound easy for someone to help but.. man, it's not easy.

Truth is, even I couldn't make a change to the levels or tanks without re-writing the custom 3D exporter I had written for an old version of 3DS Max ($3000 modeling software) - it would have to re-written for Blender or something. Or I could try digging up the old software and making it work, but we're talking lots of weird obstacles like that.

Compiling and testing raw C++ software on Windows, iOS & Android at the same time is not something too many people can do... also, I can't really anyone access to the Tanked server/source code, because some parts are shared with Growtopia which would make it a security liability for Growtopia. (can't have that!)

Anyway, I'd rather work on NEW (and better) stuff! And hopefully it won't suck!

Jack Bowe
05-26-2015, 09:33 AM

Truth is, even I couldn't make a change to the levels or tanks without re-writing the custom 3D exporter I had written for an old version of 3DS Max ($3000 modeling software) - it would have to re-written for Blender or something. Or I could try digging up the old software and making it work, but we're talking lots of weird obstacles like that.

Compiling and testing raw C++ software on Windows, iOS & Android at the same time is not something too many people can do... also, I can't really anyone access to the Tanked server/source code, because some parts are shared with Growtopia which would make it a security liability for Growtopia. (can't have that!)

Yeah, I feel ya - it's like beating a dead horse - it's pointless, but there will be a few people who would still do it, for the fun. But if it's not bringing profit, it's not worth a developer's time, as after all, it is your job. I'm fine with you prioritizing Growtopia, and other games, as you have done fantastic on Growtopia and I couldn't thank you enough for that, was just throwing out a suggestion. :p

Hacktivate
05-26-2015, 09:43 AM

You're right, the best thing to do is to be contented. Whatever Seth makes, it is for us to be happy and have fun in life. Let's thank him because without Seth, there will be no Growtopia nor Tanked (and other RTSoft games) that made feel joyed and relax. Without him, there will be no past time, no dare videos, no amazing artists for WOTDs, amazing communication and all of us!

sonsoftanked
05-26-2015, 01:15 PM
If you've given up on it..... Then how much longer do we have Seth.... How long till its all gone all the good times ive had, weve had in tanked.

Mr.Potter
05-26-2015, 07:50 PM
I am making a new map with Blender now, and will code it how I can, I just ask you to take a look at it when I'm done, Seth.
Give me a day or two...

xDGurl
05-26-2015, 08:07 PM

Your saying Tanked sucks...? I swear if you add one little thing to that game you'll see like triple the amount of players you see nowadays.

NOTemet
05-27-2015, 12:37 AM
I am making a new map with Blender now, and will code it how I can, I just ask you to take a look at it when I'm done, Seth.
Give me a day or two...

You and blends are co developers:scratch:

Boomer
05-27-2015, 12:48 AM

$3000 for a software??? God...i could probably make exact replicas of the tanks on Photoshop (if I had it).

At least we know why you can't/won't update now... :(

Mr.Potter
05-27-2015, 01:17 AM
You and blends are co developers:scratch:

Blender is also the name of a 3D designing program...

dontshoot
05-27-2015, 01:29 AM
if you really want Seth to do update probably think to how he can get something out of it too, so he is not working numerous hours for free.

Perhaps Seth can set a crowd funding eg. using kickstarter or others. I’m curious to how serious people wanting updates are willing to support Seth to do work on the update.

eg for a simple update addition perhaps seth need about 50 hours for development and testing, so probably need to raise $3000. So 50 people will need to donate $60 for the goal to be reached. Obviously if seth needs more, more donation and people to donate is needed.

I myself bought a lot of tank coins to support development, and bought myself and someone else rts to give back to seth. I don’t require update as the game is still fun to play for me. You know that there are 9 tanks to play with don’t you? how many games have that much of option?
A new map wouldn’t hurt, but i’m still having fun playing tanked :)

For people that doesn’t know about kickstarter: people can donate and be rewarded based on their nominated donation. payment to the author / developer will be made if the target fund is met. If not, the donation will not go ahead. 5% fee goes to kickstarter though.

sonsoftanked
05-27-2015, 01:42 AM
Dang DS thats a great idea, but who will start the gofundme page or kickstarter thing

dontshoot
05-27-2015, 02:03 AM
Dang DS thats a great idea, but who will start the gofundme page or kickstarter thing

From Kickstarter guidelines, Seth needs to set it.
Again no one lose if the funds doesn't reach the target goal. no fees, and fund will be returned.
- Also people who donated are usually rewarded. i suppose here it will be tanked coins. or something more ;)

Perhaps you can leave your name and your donation in this thread so seth can give an idea if he should or not set it up.
Its a challenge i suppose, how serious are you. me myself i don't know i've spent about $150 for this game already.

So depending how attractive the reward. i would invest $30 if this go ahead.

NOTemet
05-27-2015, 02:04 AM
DS is gonna start it but sad ding is I has no credit card so is it ok to just tell people who doesn't have a forum acc or doesn't visit the forums to donate?

dontshoot
05-27-2015, 02:06 AM
DS is gonna start it but sad ding is I has no credit card so is it ok to just tell people who doesn't have a forum acc or doesn't visit the forums to donate?

No i'm not allowed to set it. read my previous post, Seth needs to set it.

sonsoftanked
05-27-2015, 02:08 AM
I think i spent 50 on coins (did it to try to help tanked)
I could give a lil at a time because im saving up for a demo derby car for racing so i could donate like 20 a month, seth lets try this maybe put it in the grow news n when they donate money they get special items for amounts given it can save tanked and make you more money

Junior
05-27-2015, 02:19 AM
Ok I've tried to not comment but can't resist.

Yeah, Tanked update is not as simple as it sounds. We can't simply make something in blender for Seth... making maps/features is the easy part... making it functional in the game is not. Please guys, do not underestimate this.

But there is a Tanked community that persists despite all the obstacles. I've had dontshoot's idea for awhile... money is not the only problem, but, would it tip the scales the other way, how much would it take, and is there enough interest out there to put up real money? These are good questions.

If there is a new game in the works, I can't wait to see it, but I've never found a mobile device game like Tanked. The battles, the strategy, the chat, is the most fun I've had on any game.

dontshoot
05-27-2015, 02:25 AM
would it tip the scales the other way, how much would it take, and is there enough interest out there to put up real money? These are good questions.

Seth will set the goal of how much money he needs it may be 5k or even 10k.
And you are right, would there be enough people interested to put up real money. At least with this people will need to step up and not just ask again and again if they can have updates. If they are not willing to support the development, they can't expect to get update.

Leave your name and your donation here if you are willing to help with the development, so seth can see if its worthwhile for him to set up a kickstarter project. And probably a reply from Seth if this is something that we can pursue.

sonsoftanked
05-27-2015, 02:26 AM

Yeah, Tanked update is not as simple as it sounds. We can't simply make something in blender for Seth... making maps/features is the easy part... making it functional in the game is not. Please guys, do not underestimate this.

But there is a Tanked community that persists despite all the obstacles. I've had dontshoot's idea for awhile... money is not the only problem, but, would it tip the scales the other way, how much would it take, and is there enough interest out there to put up real money? These are good questions.

If there is a new game in the works, I can't wait to see it, but I've never found a mobile device game like Tanked. The battles, the strategy, the chat, is the most fun I've had on any game.
Aint that the truth never have loved or have had more fun on any other game then tanked. And no other game can copy that

dontshoot
05-27-2015, 02:53 AM
Aint that the truth never have loved or have had more fun on any other game then tanked. And no other game can copy that

I created a new thread so people can leave names of their willingness to donate. so its' not lost between replies

05-27-2015, 03:07 AM
Okay. To be honest I saw that this game was going downhill ever since Seth started working on Growtopia. (Great job by the way on your extreme success) But, if older players have noticed I completely stopped battling just because I found this game was going out of date quickly and personally there are much better tank games out there now. Although...I have met a lot of very engaging people on this game, they are the only reason I'm still here. Yes this game is out of date...yes people have moved on...but some have not... and from what I have seen...these loyal people are asking for something that you cannot deliver.
Hopefully this gets solved soon. Good luck too you all...

117 out.

sonsoftanked
05-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Give up in pleading him, he won't bother about tanked anymore.
Dont care if thats true or not still going to try

Boomer
05-27-2015, 12:28 PM
if you really want Seth to do update probably think to how he can get something out of it too, so he is not working numerous hours for free.

Perhaps Seth can set a crowd funding eg. using kickstarter or others. I’m curious to how serious people wanting updates are willing to support Seth to do work on the update.

eg for a simple update addition perhaps seth need about 50 hours for development and testing, so probably need to raise $3000. So 50 people will need to donate $60 for the goal to be reached. Obviously if seth needs more, more donation and people to donate is needed.

I myself bought a lot of tank coins to support development, and bought myself and someone else rts to give back to seth. I don’t require update as the game is still fun to play for me. You know that there are 9 tanks to play with don’t you? how many games have that much of option?
A new map wouldn’t hurt, but i’m still having fun playing tanked :)

For people that doesn’t know about kickstarter: people can donate and be rewarded based on their nominated donation. payment to the author / developer will be made if the target fund is met. If not, the donation will not go ahead. 5% fee goes to kickstarter though.

Id be willing to help if I can find a way.

Also, doesn't Tapjoy pay a small sum to Seth?

dontshoot
05-27-2015, 01:21 PM
Id be willing to help if I can find a way.

Also, doesn't Tapjoy pay a small sum to Seth?

tapjoy would only contribute a really small pay... need a few hundreds people to do actions for a few dollars payout. Probably won't be enough to pay for the server tanked is running :) (thats just my guess.)

Zackery
05-29-2015, 09:57 PM
I don't mean to get your hopes down or anything (even though all these ideas are good on to bring the game back up) but none of you guys can "force" Seth to update the game. If he has better things to do, then he does. Nothing lasts forever. Also you can think of it like this too, Tanked is an old game and the more old something is, usually (in the gaming world) no one doesn't want to play it anymore. People are always looking for something new, something cool, and something exciting. That is what exactly Seth is doing, making a new game. So just leave him be and let him do his own job. If Tanked dies, it isn't like you won't see your friends again in his next, new game. If you are worried about not seeing your bestest friend, then get their contact info like for kik or something. Just don't go on a rampage about this stuff demanding Seth to do it.

~ Zackery459 :yeah:

InYourFACE
05-30-2015, 12:48 AM
Okay. To be honest I saw that this game was going downhill ever since Seth started working on Growtopia. (Great job by the way on your extreme success) But, if older players have noticed I completely stopped battling just because I found this game was going out of date quickly and personally there are much better tank games out there now. Although...I have met a lot of very engaging people on this game, they are the only reason I'm still here. Yes this game is out of date...yes people have moved on...but some have not... and from what I have seen...these loyal people are asking for something that you cannot deliver.
Hopefully this gets solved soon. Good luck too you all...

117 out.

Heh, so am I...I aint competetive or anything anymore, but I just can't leave tanked...too many people on there I'd miss or can't forget about...2 and a half years on a game indeed leave marks on me including my ability to leave my comrades behind with my English skills...all learned here talking to awesome people...tanked is some kinda social network, but In a cooler way than Facebook is for example haha...idk it's sounding strange but tanked is a lot about community IMO...

Rovolthro
05-30-2015, 03:32 AM
Guys I think the best way to have more updates is to have more players. As we can see, Growtopia is more famous than Tanked meaning more players. I was thinking of making a world in Growtopia about Tanked (well I already have but needs admins ..the world name is TANKED3D). If we can make it into WOTD, many Growtopians will notice it. Atleast we can inspire people to play tanked as well. With this little help, I think huge updates will come soon

Just an idea btw. If you like my idea, just msg me here in the forums :)

Tomahawk
05-30-2015, 04:08 PM
This isn't funny anymore. Its been too long since we had any new and exciting updates (Shadow Tank, spring 2013). Every day I log in, and see maybe 15 people on at once. 20 if we're lucky. We need something besides an occasional system update. We're tired of the same modes. The same maps. The same tanks. The same items.

I know you're busy with Growtopia. But trust me, they're fine. They don't need constant TLC. Plus you have Mike, who can take care of them for a little bit.

Tanked doesn't make much money. But could you just do this for the loyal people who have hung with this game for the last several years? Trying with all their might to keep it alive?

Perhaps spend 15-20 minutes a night creating something new? A new tank? A new map? Anything.

We aren't asking for new items every 2 weeks. But just something to know you still care about us.

Please, Seth. HEAR US.

tanked is dead boomer, me and my bro left for the same reason to find other games, I suggest you do also

Dinobones62
05-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Tanked is now dead, it doesnt bring in half as much money as growtopia so there is seriously no point updating it, plus growtopia takes a lot of work, have you tried to keep sub servers, severs connection and more up and running properly? Its near impossible, im sorry for all you tanked lover :(

BlackPickaxe
06-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Pl0x seth, atleast 1 major update D:

Alexanderkg
06-13-2015, 02:12 PM
If Seth need co-developers. We need a rich, smart in technologies, and love kids guy.. Because we are ignored when Growtopia is super duper PERFECT!!! Why you do this? Example Growtopia is your first son. And Tanked is your second son. You take care of the first son more than second son. You always ignoring second son. One day he die, how is your feeling of lossing 1 son? We know that you are busy in Growtopia, but we need new stuff in Tanked! Why you can do update in Growtopia almost 100 times when Tanked likes never gets updated? You can use your Growtopia moneys to use on Tanked server! Please make an update. We are need it... One more time please Seth...

ryamish
06-17-2015, 01:53 AM
Heh, so am I...I ain't competitive or anything anymore, but I just can't leave Tanked... there are too many people on there I'd miss or can't forget about... 2 and a half years on a game indeed leaves marks on me, including my inability to leave my comrades behind with my English skills...all learned here talking to awesome people... Tanked is some kinda social network, but in a cooler way than Facebook is, for example haha...idk it's sounding strange but Tanked is a lot about community IMO...

this ^
I <3 the tanked community
Although it wouldn't hurt to have a few updates every once in a while :sweatdrop:

SuperJ
06-17-2015, 02:03 AM
I am sorry to say this to all Tanked players in the world... But Seth doesn't update it anymore because Tanked is almost dead. Even if he does update it, people aren't going to play it because it is a dead game.

Think of it like a cancer patient with a serious brain tumor. People tried to save them, but it did not work, and after a while of helping and trying to fix them, the eventually start to contain a fatal condition where the doctors and families can not help... Same goes for Tanked, I am sorry to say this and I mean no offense to the players that still play it but, maybe it's time to move on.:(

sonsoftanked
06-17-2015, 03:04 AM
We just hit 40 so atleast we are out of the teens and back up also cancer patients like that have survived