PDA

View Full Version : This is how tank can get update - but it depends on you... and seth ;)

dontshoot
05-27-2015, 02:53 AM
This is in relation to post : http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?202260-Seth-hear-our-pleas
Please mod pin it so this doesn't get lost.

if you really want Seth to do update probably think to how he can get something out of it too, so he is not working numerous hours for free.

Perhaps Seth can set a crowd funding eg. using kickstarter or others. I’m curious to how serious people wanting updates are willing to support Seth to do work on the update.

eg for a simple update addition perhaps seth need about 50 hours for development and testing, so probably need to raise $3000. So 50 people will need to donate $60 for the goal to be reached. Obviously if seth needs more, more donation and people to donate is needed.

I myself bought a lot of tank coins to support development, and bought myself and someone else rts to give back to seth. I don’t require update as the game is still fun to play for me. You know that there are 9 tanks to play with don’t you? how many games have that much of option?
A new map wouldn’t hurt, but i’m still having fun playing tanked

For people that doesn’t know about kickstarter:
www.kickstarter.com
people can donate and be rewarded based on their nominated donation. payment to the author / developer will be made if the target fund is met. If not, the donation will not go ahead. 5% fee goes to kickstarter though if it does go through.

From Kickstarter guidelines, Seth needs to set it.
Again no one lose if the funds doesn't reach the target goal. no fees, and funds will be returned.
- Also people who donated are usually rewarded. i suppose here it will be tanked coins. or something more

Perhaps you can leave your name and your donation in this thread so seth can give an idea if he should or not set it up.
Its a challenge i suppose, how serious are you. me myself i don't know i've spent about $150 for this game already.

So depending how attractive the reward. i would invest $30 if this go ahead.

So at the moment:

---------------------------
dontshoot $30
Rednecktank $20
Mrpoter $45

darksnake99
05-27-2015, 04:56 PM
seth can just use the money he gets from growtopia...

greed omgh
Obviously you don't know much about producing software.

Mr.Potter
05-28-2015, 12:00 PM
I will donate $25... Plus 20 on coins... .-.

JOSHIE63
05-29-2015, 01:01 AM
wasting 3000$ is nothing when you get like 50.000$ from your other game (?) each month

A lot of that goes to server maintenance and other fees. Very little of that is actually profit.

dontshoot
05-29-2015, 01:57 AM
I will donate $25... Plus 20 on coins... .-.

well for kickstarter every donation is rewarded, so your $25 will get you coins too if seth set it that way. so i put you for $45. let me know if you want to change it.

- - - Updated - - -

wasting 3000$ is nothing when you get like 50.000$ from your other game (?) each month

$3000 is still $3000. you get extra money on the side for doing side job. :) I have my own company but still do side jobs
And to make it clear. seth might want more. $3000 is the amount i think is ok for let say to create a new map.
Seth might need more i don't know.

To get $50.000 plus is great but it still require lots of effort AND Luck.

NOTemet
05-29-2015, 04:04 AM
well for kickstarter every donation is rewarded, so your $25 will get you coins too if seth set it that way. so i put you for $45. let me know if you want to change it.

- - - Updated - - -

$3000 is still $3000. you get extra money on the side for doing side job. :) I have my own company but still do side jobs
And to make it clear. seth might want more. $3000 is the amount i think is ok for let say to create a new map.
Seth might need more i don't know.

To get $50.000 plus is great but it still require lots of effort AND Luck.

since I don't have a credit card are you gonna do it or pay it for someone who can't pay?

- - - Updated - - -

Cuz if you are I'll donate 10$ ;)

dontshoot
05-29-2015, 04:53 AM
since I don't have a credit card are you gonna do it or pay it for someone who can't pay?

- - - Updated - - -

Cuz if you are I'll donate 10$ ;)

I'm not allowed to set it up. seth will have to (according to the guide). And this thing is still subject to seth's approval. he hasn't replied yet.

At the moment looks like the support on this is still low too. without credit card i'm not sure how you can make a payment to a system..

Seth
05-29-2015, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I don't think I want to run a kickstarter... appreciate that people are willing to put up $$ if I had one going though. Truth is I really want to work on some new games, not just about $$. At least for the foreseeable future. :sweatdrop:

Boomer
05-29-2015, 04:49 PM
Tanked 2

:crazy:

That's what I thought too :P

NOTemet
05-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I don't think I want to run a kickstarter... appreciate that people are willing to put up $$ if I had one going though. Truth is I really want to work on some new games, not just about $$. At least for the foreseeable future. :sweatdrop:

It's better if you update Tanked before you make a new game...:rolleyes:

InYourFACE
05-29-2015, 06:31 PM
It's better if you update Tanked before you make a new game...:rolleyes:

Hell naw. Tanked 2, revamped Tanks, better graphics..damn im in Heaven..ehehe

NOTemet
05-31-2015, 06:50 PM
For da next update put tank custimizations

dontshoot
05-31-2015, 11:55 PM

Looking forward to the new game :)

BlackPickaxe
06-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Tanked 2

:crazy:

KICKSTARTER FOR TANKED 2!