PDA

View Full Version : Help getting server started?

Bayson
02-10-2008, 11:17 PM
I've played FQ a few years back and now want to host a server of my own.
I downloaded everything needed but it only seems to be working for me.

It gives me a number for the url but no one else can access it. I thought there might be a issue with the firewall on the modem/router. I opened up port 80 as I think thats the port the FQ server uses. Still it only seems to work for me.

Any suggestions? I would really like to get it up and running then upgrade from the demo once I know its going to work.
Thanks

Escoutaire
02-11-2008, 03:40 AM
If your using an adsl or cable router, then as well as opening up port 80, you will need to set the router to forward external connections on port 80 to your machine's ip address on your internal network.

Then have people connect to port 80 of your router's external ip address, or use a dynamic DNS service to provide a stable name for your server.

Hope this helps

Bayson
02-11-2008, 04:40 AM
Thanks for responding. That sounds like the problem I'm having since I'm on dsl. I'm looking through the modem/router set up but can't find anything about forwarding external connections.

If anything I can try to call up the modem's maker and get help there. Thanks for the info and shedding some light on this for me :)