PDA

View Full Version : Can compile a release version but can't compile a debug version

cymcrh55
07-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Hello, im a novice ..
I just downloaded clanlib and i followed the guide to install it..
the version i downloaded is 3.00..i didn't download the precompiled clanlib and i just downloaded the source code and i configured it and i succussfully conpiled the clanlib..
and then i wanted to try a helloworld..
However..when the solution configuration is debug mode, i got the following errors:
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'clanApp-static-mt-debug.lib'
But when i was using the release mode, i compiled it successfully, which means i have set the global include correctly, otherwise the release mode wouldn't have been successfully compiled.
Then i checked the global setting, In the lib\win32 folder, there is really a 'clanApp-static-mt-debug.lib' existing.. i doubt why the debug mode can't be compiled....Help?

- - - Updated - - -

Im a chinese, not a native english speaker...so excuse me for my misspelling and grammar mistakes...i am trying to improve my english though...

Judas
07-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Don't worry about your English, it seems fine. :)

It sounds like maybe your project in Visual Studio has the library search path correctly configured for release builds, but not for debug. Try change the current configuration to Debug, then afterwards select Properties on the project, and check that Linker->Additional Library Directories points at the directory where clanApp-static-mt-debug.lib is located.