PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to beta test my Growtopia Music Simulator?

MyLegGuy
07-12-2015, 07:17 AM
I'm going to say what the title just said!
Anybody want to beta test my Growtopia Music Simulator?

I'll only let uh... 3 people beta test it.
Not sure more than three people will even want to do it.

About

Here's what you do in it, you place notes by clicking and then it plays them. I don't know what else there is to expect.
It's 99% finished. All I need to do it fix any bugs that are reported. Then I can release it.

It's written in java, so you need java to use it. (duh)
You can use java 7 or 8. I have a version for both.
It'll work on windows or mac.

How to be one of the three beta testers

All you have to do is be one of the first three people to post here. You just need to say you want to do it, and what version of java you're using. (If you're not sure, say 7)

I posted this here because I don't want this thread to attract to much attention.
This fits into game development because..uh...it's a "game" where you place notes.

And if anybody want's to know, I got permission to use the music note sounds.
But I didn't get permission to sell this for a world lock. Oh well. :whistling:
No making a few quick world locks for me.

Mahmoud
07-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Yes I finally can make music testing with wasting world locks!!!

MyLegGuy
07-14-2015, 01:38 AM
Yes I finally can make music testing with wasting world locks!!!

Don't you mean, without wasting world locks?

Anyway, does this mean you want to beta test?

BioTestificate
07-14-2015, 08:48 AM
'll try.

BTW, is that browser-based?

Conan
07-14-2015, 09:04 AM
Oh crap not java

I think doing it in javascript might be laggy. since it will change values often.

I might test it if you want. im using JDK 8

Festivity
07-14-2015, 01:46 PM
DONT LET CONAN TEST IT, I REPEAT, DONT LET CONAN TEST IT :crazy:
lemme use :crazy:
(jk choose either me or conan)

ezereal
07-14-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm going to say what the title just said!
Anybody want to beta test my Growtopia Music Simulator?

I'll only let uh... 3 people beta test it.
Not sure more than three people will even want to do it.

About

Here's what you do in it, you place notes by clicking and then it plays them. I don't know what else there is to expect.
It's 99% finished. All I need to do it fix any bugs that are reported. Then I can release it.

It's written in java, so you need java to use it. (duh)
You can use java 7 or 8. I have a version for both.
It'll work on windows or mac.

How to be one of the three beta testers

All you have to do is be one of the first three people to post here. You just need to say you want to do it, and what version of java you're using. (If you're not sure, say 7)

I posted this here because I don't want this thread to attract to much attention.
This fits into game development because..uh...it's a "game" where you place notes.

And if anybody want's to know, I got permission to use the music note sounds.
But I didn't get permission to sell this for a world lock. Oh well. :whistling:
No making a few quick world locks for me.
I really want to make it happen, like make this program/invention possible, not sure what Java I am but I am willing to be you gunie pig ( cant spell it lol)

MyLegGuy
07-14-2015, 09:00 PM
I wish it was browser based.

I WAS going to make it an applet, but I learned that Google Chrome removed plugin support, then I learned that there's all the security prompts! Getting people to go past those, or making them trust me enough to get past those would be a lot of work. If I wanted to get rid of one of the security prompts (there was multiple) I would have to pay for a valid certificate or something to sign the applet. And I'm not going to pay for one of those just for my stupid music simulator. People are very lazy, and if some random guy told me to go to a website and disable security prompts, I would not go. But looking at what other people have mad, people will pretty much download anything as long as their anti-virus says it's okay.

I'll send it to:
BioTestificate, Conan, and ezereal.

For those of you who didn't say your version of java, I'll send you the java 7 version. It'll work even if you have java 8.

Make sure you check out the options, I have some cool stuff there.
Also, this may be a bit laggy. It works fine on my computer, which has 4.00 GB (3.21 GB usable) of ram.

Not Festivity because he said either him or Conan, but Conan posted first...and he said "either", so....

Also, why all these posts at one time? I've had this thread up for a few days now... eh, whatever.

Conan
07-14-2015, 09:19 PM
I wish it was browser based.

I WAS going to make it an applet, but I learned that Google Chrome removed plugin support, then I learned that there's all the security prompts! Getting people to go past those, or making them trust me enough to get past those would be a lot of work. If I wanted to get rid of one of the security prompts (there was multiple) I would have to pay for a valid certificate or something to sign the applet. And I'm not going to pay for one of those just for my stupid music simulator. People are very lazy, and if some random guy told me to go to a website and disable security prompts, I would not go. But looking at what other people have mad, people will pretty much download anything as long as their anti-virus says it's okay.

I'll send it to:
BioTestificate, Conan, and ezereal.

For those of you who didn't say your version of java, I'll send you the java 7 version. It'll work even if you have java 8.

Make sure you check out the options, I have some cool stuff there.
Also, this may be a bit laggy. It works fine on my computer, which has 4.00 GB (3.21 GB usable) of ram.

Not Festivity because he said either him or Conan, but Conan posted first...and he said "either", so....

Also, why all these posts at one time? I've had this thread up for a few days now... eh, whatever.

Hmmm...
can you try reproducing this "bug" i got?

everytime i reach the third page and start playing i cant pause it

Also sometimes the audio doesn't play at the same time

MyLegGuy
07-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Hmmm...
can you try reproducing this "bug" i got?

everytime i reach the third page and start playing i cant pause it

Also sometimes the audio doesn't play at the same time

I can't reproduce that thing where you can't pause it on the third page. Can you take a video of it or something? Also, when you say third page, do you mean 3/15 or 2/15? (I'm asking this because you start at 0/15. This'll be change in the next beta or final release.)

When you say the audio doesn't play at the same time, do you mean when the song is playing, or when your placing the notes?

Also, when you start playing the song, should it start from the page you're currently on?

Zyfen
07-14-2015, 11:18 PM
I'd love to help. If this will be a success, I will put this in my signature.

Conan
07-14-2015, 11:24 PM
I can't reproduce that thing where you can't pause it on the third page. Can you take a video of it or something? Also, when you say third page, do you mean 3/15 or 2/15? (I'm asking this because you start at 0/15. This'll be change in the next beta or final release.)

When you say the audio doesn't play at the same time, do you mean when the song is playing, or when your placing the notes?

Also, when you start playing the song, should it start from the page you're currently on?

It starts from the first page

That 3/15 seems just a problem on my side

When notes are in the same column some notes are delayed (When playing)

lik the notes are missaligned

BTW you used Growtopias music files. you should put credits in there lmao

MyLegGuy
07-14-2015, 11:25 PM
I compiled a new version. It makes it so the line thingie that shows where it is in the song is now there. Also the pages change as your playing. You now start at page 1/16 instead of 0/15.

Sending it now...

I said SHOULD it start at the page you are currently on when you start playing the song?
It doesn't right now, but is it a good idea for it to?

Also, when you say delayed, are we talking, miliseconds or seconds? Small delay or long one?

And I just realized the beta I sent out does not have the code to load the options file. I deleted it by mistake. Oh well.

If you like it, you can put this in your signature.
http://i.imgur.com/JO13ULB.gif
It hurts my eyes, but it took me a while to make! So I'm using it!

Also, I'm aiming for a release this Friday.

Last note, if anybody wants to know what this would have been like as an applet, I compiled an applet version like a month ago. If you want to see all the trouble you would have to go through to get it working, here it is. (http://mylegguy.x10.mx/Game/Beta_2)

Doge
07-15-2015, 05:24 AM
How do you code so good. kid genius

MyLegGuy
07-15-2015, 06:13 AM
How do you code so good. kid genius

But....you didn't even..eh, whatever.

Thanks.

If anybody wants a specific feature to be included, please tell me. I've been begging my brother for ideas on stuff to add all day!

Doge
07-15-2015, 05:38 PM
But....you didn't even..eh, whatever.

Thanks.

If anybody wants a specific feature to be included, please tell me. I've been begging my brother for ideas on stuff to add all day!

Everyone says its good and u put screenshot. Idk how u code because its too advanced.

MyLegGuy
07-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Everyone says its good and u put screenshot. Idk how u code because its too advanced.

Are you talking about my thingie that says "Comming June"?
That's an advertisement for my signature!

MyLegGuy
07-17-2015, 04:24 AM
I may release today if I can't find any bugs and I like how everything is!

dannbarbery
07-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Hey, is this still available? I would love to try them. I am looking for a music simulator and that might help me (you'll never know)! Can you provide more details about it?

MyLegGuy
07-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Hey, is this still available? I would love to try them. I am looking for a music simulator and that might help me (you'll never know)! Can you provide more details about it?

I'm sorry. You can't. And it won't be released today, like I planned. It'll be released two weeks from today. Sorry about that. I'll be on vacation from today, until two weeks from now's Sunday. And I want a Friday release.

=============
EDIT
=============
Change of plans!
Release right now!

MyLegGuy
07-18-2015, 03:05 AM
It's now out. Check it out!