PDA

View Full Version : Collision data seems to be lost whenever I install a new version of NS

Uhfgood
07-08-2008, 12:44 PM
That's simply it. The last 2 or 3 times, I've traded out novashell installations (uninstalled old version then installed new version), the colored blocks that I made up my sample level with, lose their collision info, so I have to redo it. Please note this is only on the colored blocks, not on actual entities though. (Luckily I only have to redo it for one block, as the rest of them being copies actually seem to gain the collision data scaled correctly).

Keith

Seth
07-08-2008, 10:39 PM
You should not modify collision on anything that comes from the "System Palette" to avoid this kind of problem. (The changes made happen in Base, possibly breaking other examples and will be removed when you upgrade)

Collision on a tilepic is one of those things that is shared between all tilepics of that type.

I suspect you used "General Block of color" and added collision to it - instead of that, use the "Invisible Wall" which already has collision. (Its' red, but you can modify it's color) (Oh, also, move its layer to Entity, instead of Hidden Data)

Or, create your own block. Import some art and cut a 1X1 chunk out of it, then scale it up to 32X32 or something, that's how I made those blocks of color.

I'd like to have a way to "Lock" the Base maps to make it clearer when a modification is going to affect them... hrm.