PDA

View Full Version : Folders and such

Uhfgood
07-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Interesting little thing here. I tried unzipping and running illspirit's game. Only problem was novashell kept saying that it couldn't find the world file. At first I thought it was the game's problem. But then my own game works fine. Here's the funny thing, his game was unzipped to a folder on the desktop, and mine to my f-drive.

So I did a little test. I copied his game to my f drive, and low and behold it works fine. I also copied my game to my desktop folder (that says downloads, as i download everything to it). I ran it and it had the same problem his game did.

So essentially if it's on the desktop it seems Novashell cannot find the game. Could you possibly look into that? Thanks.

Seth
07-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Hrm, I tried copying a world onto a few drives and places, my documents, etc, and everything worked out ok. Any specific things I would need to do to see the bug? I have novashell installed on drive O, and run worlds from C or O usually.

Uhfgood
07-13-2008, 05:28 AM
I don't know any specific thing you could do to see that. I have a downloads folder, and usually the game (.novashell file) and it's sub folders are located in another folder... like ...desktop/Downloads/Game -- And simply double clicking the .novashell file