PDA

View Full Version : Request: brain states for ducking/crouching

illspirit
07-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Would it be at all possible to add a state for crouching? And possibly (but less importantly) a Crouch_Attack and Crouch_Attack2 to go with it? I was going to go through and use animation overrides and/or facing_down_left/right to accomplish this, but just thought that maybe the brains would like to know if a character is ducking. E.G., an enemy might want to do their own low attack to hit the player.

Plus, I imagine someone making some sort of isometric-ish fighting game would like to be able to crouch in all directions. Maybe even add a Crawl state for the sake of completeness?

Seth
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Good idea, I'll add 'em... :cool:

sirlich
10-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Would it be at all possible to add a state for crouching? And possibly (but less importantly) a Crouch_Attack and Crouch_Attack2 to go with it? I was going to go through and use animation overrides and/or facing_down_left/right to accomplish this, but just thought that maybe the brains would like to know if a character is ducking. E.G., an enemy might want to do their own low attack to hit the player.

Plus, I imagine someone making some sort of isometric-ish fighting game would like to be able to crouch in all directions. Maybe even add a Crawl state for the sake of completeness?

I suppose for complete "sake of completeness"... 'Prone' states would also have to be included...? And perhaps even a Run_Attack and Jump_Attack for Attacks (which would require animations) that are continuous regardless of which state the entity is in...

I suppose the Special state (or states, if more are included) would work, though more of them would be necessary to allow for a wide variety and usage of possible states.

(sorry... throwing a monkey wrench into the fray...)