PDA

View Full Version : Greets to the Novashell community!

Sirius2D
10-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Greetings!
I've been looking around for a 2D engine to code some casual games in and I believe Novashell will be my "weapon of choice"! The feature set is very attractive and even though it's still "alpha", this engine appears to have great potential. I'm excited about the cross-platform applications as I'd like to see my games available for the three major platforms.

The only other 2D engine I found interesting was Java-based engine called Slick, but I've never had to do much Java programming and didn't want to get started this late in the game (pardon the pun) mastering a whole 'nother language.

I've been an IT Admin and applications programmer for many years and worked in a number of compiled (C/C++ mostly) and scripted languages (Python/LUA/Bash and few others). Since I've "semi-retired" from the IT biz, I finally found some hobby time to dedicate to creating and coding a few 2D and 2.5D games that have been circling around in my skull. I could probably write an engine, but I'd rather spend more time creating game assets and coding logic than debugging engine code! :whistling:

Thanks for Novashell and I look forward to being a contributing member of this community!

Cheers!

harrio
10-10-2008, 07:42 PM
welcome,

looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sirius2D
10-11-2008, 03:29 AM
hey thanks... It will be a learning experience... :cool: