PDA

View Full Version : Edge scrolling in editor.

NovaLaw
10-30-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm wondering if you ever considered making the map scroll when the mouse cursor is at the edge of the screen. I really miss this feature sometimes when I'm draging a selection box. I can only select what's on the screen, then I have to stop and scroll, then continue. Should be easy enough, only problem I can see is the top edge, 'cause you got your nice little top line menu up there. I bet you could pack all those menu items into a nice little floating window and clear up the top. Or just make few lines of pixels below the menu bar into a "scroll zone" that would scroll the window. That way if you moved your mouse fast enough you could skip right over the scroll zone and make it to the menu with out scrolling the screen. But if you wanted to scroll you could leave your mouse in the scroll zone and watch it scroll.

Just a thought...sure would make life easier! Great work so far. Keep it up.

NovaLaw
11-19-2008, 10:53 PM
No?...Nothing?...Not even a tiddle!?

Seth
11-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Will give it some thought, I agree it would be nice, but personally I haven't really missed the feature.

For now, you probably are doing these already, but two tips:

Use the mouse wheel to zoom out first
While dragging, hold the middle mouse button to scroll the view without losing your selection in progress