PDA

View Full Version : Compiling

SushiBox
11-27-2008, 12:28 AM
I have just fetched the latest source from the SVN, and attempted to compile but got the following error: "'boost/config.hpp': No such file or directory"

I am familiar with the Boost library, but is it really needed? If so, what package? I am also trying to install ClanLib SDK, can anyone give me anymore specifics on how to install it? I got to the configure part, but when I go to open ClanLib.sln, none of the projects can be found, and the configuration doesn't install anything to the directories I set.

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express and attempting to compile the latest NovaShell Engine source code.

My plans are to integrate RakNet.

Seth
11-27-2008, 01:24 AM
I am familiar with the Boost library, but is it really needed? If so, what package?

Boost is required - luabind uses it. I'm not sure of the packages needed but I can tell you it needs only the headers, so no need to compile anything, just need to download it and plop it down somewhere and add its include directory.

Hrm, forgot about that, I should update the novashell help text on compiling.

I am also trying to install ClanLib SDK, can anyone give me anymore specifics on how to install it? I got to the configure part, but when I go to open ClanLib.sln, none of the projects can be found, and the configuration doesn't install anything to the directories I set.

Hrm, the process may be a bit different for VC2008 Express than what I use (VC 2005). Maybe try the guide that is here (http://clanlib.org/docs/clanlib-0.9.0/overview/install-windows-msvc.html).

It's for Clanlib 0.9, but should apply to 0.8 as well. (Make sure you checked out the 0.8 development branch!)

SushiBox
11-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Ah, seems I did the ClanLib part just fine before. I may post a guide here cause the directions are quite vague. As for the boost part, all you gotta do is just download Boost, and copy the "Boost" folder to "\clanlibstuff\novashell\source".

Works perfect, now I am ready to develop!