PDA

View Full Version : Performance Issues in Fedora

Starclopsofish
02-09-2009, 05:18 AM
After realizing that Intrepid broke all my emulators, I've been looking for another distribution. I like Fedora a lot and have gotten most everything working and configured how I like it, but when I run Novashell the framerate is terrible. I'd estimate about 10-12 fps. My guess is that hardware acceleration isn't functional. Is there a way to confirm this, and if so what possible solutions are there?

I'm using the proprietary drivers on Fedora 10 with an Nvidia 8800GTX. Any help would be appreciated!

Seth
02-09-2009, 05:20 AM
Hmm, I put up a new version today, can you verify that it is still slow? There was some out of control debug logging in the build from last week... :sweatdrop:

Starclopsofish
02-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Actually, I fixed the problem... Rather embarassing, really, I forgot to turn off Desktop Effects! :whistling: :sweatdrop:

EDIT: One thing you might want to look into though, I think this build is set in 'retail mode' again, as F1 appears to be broken.

Seth
02-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Ah, crap, thanks.

I will put up the fixed win version now but I already powered down linux/mac computers tonight.. but if you need to fix it sooner:

replace "if (g_isRetail == true) then" with "if (g_isRetail == false) then" in base/script/system_start.lua.

Starclopsofish
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
No problem! Thanks for the fix.