PDA

View Full Version : seth, why do you do this to us?

SwafGaming
09-07-2015, 12:30 PM
i am still a noob but i really loved this game ( i cant enter cause of school ) but the problem is there is no updates? like why? dont tell me beacuse growtopia! cause some people from 2011-2015 still playing and waiting for an update? so why not add some new stuff? tanks? etc

SageDeoxys
09-07-2015, 04:03 PM
i am still a noob but i really loved this game ( i cant enter cause of school ) but the problem is there is no updates? like why? dont tell me beacuse growtopia! cause some people from 2011-2015 still playing and waiting for an update? so why not add some new stuff? tanks? etc

As Seth has stated many times over and over again, he won't uptade Tank in any way, other than stuff having to do with broadcasts or how MVP system works, for example. He prefers working on Growtopia or making a new game entirely. Sure, there may be a few 2011's like me who are still around, but hope is just lost. Stop asking Seth for updates, I'm 99.99% sure he isn't going to change his mind.

Invaild
09-07-2015, 04:09 PM

True.Seth doesn't makes ANY UPDATE ON HIS games execept Growtopia.BTW,without pcats Growtopia will never be famous game just saying...

SageDeoxys
09-07-2015, 04:16 PM
True.Seth doesn't makes ANY UPDATE ON HIS games execept Growtopia.BTW,without pcats Growtopia will never be famous game just saying...

Pcats may have boosted Growtopia's popularity a lot, but it was already growing. Growtopia would've eventually made it to its level as it is today, just that it would take a few extra years.

Invaild
09-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Pcats may have boosted Growtopia's popularity a lot, but it was already growing. Growtopia would've eventually made it to its level as it is today, just that it would take a few extra years.

Yeah then a few year communty will be even worse true

Comment
09-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Growtopia wasn't made in 2011. It was released in January 2013.

SwafGaming
09-07-2015, 06:12 PM

T.a.n.k.e.d not Growtopia

sonsoftanked
09-07-2015, 06:57 PM
how do you people keep confusing tanked with growtopia?? ._.

skullking
09-07-2015, 08:44 PM
GT people are stupid thats why... given up hope on @Seth gave up on RTsoft games

Seth
09-07-2015, 11:22 PM
A little background on how I choose what project to work on. (with the exception of Growtopia, RTsoft still has exactly one developer, me! (well, Akiko helps sometimes too with art)

The Dink community is telling me I need to put Dink Smallwood on steam and do updates.

Got an email letting me know I need to get Funeral Quest (a browser based multiplayer game where you run competing funeral parlors) up again. It's tricky because it's flash based and Flash is now more or less dead, huge amount of work to get that running for most browsers again.

Growtopia has a big "Fishing" update that is in the works right now. (Slowed down by iOS approval delays)

Tanked doesn't have many players, but it's still a good game and really does deserve updates.

I have a NEW game I'm designing but can't decide on which engine to use yet, need to do more research and tests. :panic:

Blip Arcade should be made free and updated to work on tablets better. (ok fine, nobody asked for that, but I'd like to do it)

Akiko wants to do a 5 hour bike ride today. I might.

Yet for some reason the only thing I've done for the last few days is play MGSV and am having a great time, I'm at 44% complete, can I finish it?

Moral of the story is the great thing about running your own company is while you do need to meet certain obligations (if there is a bug in any of these games that ruin it, you need to drop everything and fix it) but you can try to follow your own personal motivation when choosing on what you want to work on next.

Motivations change from month to month. I try to be very honest and not promise "huge updates!" to games unless I know I am going to deliver and with Tanked I just don't know - the only thing I can promise is that I will do my best to keep the server running. I don't think the current income it makes every pays for the server cost anymore.

SnowyFox1000
09-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Just got bumped by Seth o.O

Boomer
09-08-2015, 10:31 PM

I like bike riding...can I come?

I also remember you saying a few months ago Tanked's software is majorly outdated, and to update just a tad would require re-writing everything.

InYourFACE
09-09-2015, 10:39 PM
This, dear Seth, is a statement. Thanks. I think we needed that.

SwafGaming
09-10-2015, 04:39 PM
A little background on how I choose what project to work on. (with the exception of Growtopia, RTsoft still has exactly one developer, me! (well, Akiko helps sometimes too with art)

The Dink community is telling me I need to put Dink Smallwood on steam and do updates.

Got an email letting me know I need to get Funeral Quest (a browser based multiplayer game where you run competing funeral parlors) up again. It's tricky because it's flash based and Flash is now more or less dead, huge amount of work to get that running for most browsers again.

Growtopia has a big "Fishing" update that is in the works right now. (Slowed down by iOS approval delays)

Tanked doesn't have many players, but it's still a good game and really does deserve updates.

I have a NEW game I'm designing but can't decide on which engine to use yet, need to do more research and tests. :panic:

Blip Arcade should be made free and updated to work on tablets better. (ok fine, nobody asked for that, but I'd like to do it)

Yet for some reason the only thing I've done for the last few days is play MGSV and am having a great time, I'm at 44% complete, can I finish it?

Moral of the story is the great thing about running your own company is while you do need to meet certain obligations (if there is a bug in any of these games that ruin it, you need to drop everything and fix it) but you can try to follow your own personal motivation when choosing on what you want to work on next.

Motivations change from month to month. I try to be very honest and not promise "huge updates!" to games unless I know I am going to deliver and with Tanked I just don't know - the only thing I can promise is that I will do my best to keep the server running. I don't think the current income it makes every pays for the server cost anymore.

Idk if your going to read this or reply but it will be cool if you made tanked 2 and all the accounts in tanked can log in and have a better graphics and new stuff

Simplify_
09-11-2015, 06:46 AM
GT people are stupid thats why... given up hope on @Seth gave up on RTsoft games

You're rude...

Boomer
09-11-2015, 03:56 PM
You're rude...

Yep...that's typical Skull. And I thought I was rude sometimes...

SnowyFox1000
09-14-2015, 08:19 PM
SnowyFox is awesome :).

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

SageDeoxys
09-14-2015, 11:01 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Firstly, this is spam.
Secondly, making fake quotes regarding the Staff is against the rules.
And its just plain out annoying. Plz stahp.

sonsoftanked
09-15-2015, 12:40 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Wow people really do this what a shame its not funny it aint cool are you just trying to get your posts up or are you looking for attention either way immature and shameful

Christopher
09-15-2015, 05:56 AM
Wow people really do this what a shame its not funny it aint cool are you just trying to get your posts up or are you looking for attention either way immature and shameful

Please sit your butt down, it's just a joke...

sonsoftanked
09-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Please sit your butt down, it's just a joke...
Please dont tell me that idc if its a joke its annoying and like sage said its spam and it needs to stop

OLiVERi
09-17-2015, 01:09 PM
We ain't stupid.

skullking
09-17-2015, 06:18 PM
We ain't stupid.

Yes... And I I offended anyone sorry my opinion and boomer is right I'm savage like Donald trump

OLiVERi
09-18-2015, 08:49 AM
Yes... And I I offended anyone sorry my opinion and boomer is right I'm savage like Donald trump
Yeah, I meant not all GT people are stupid. My bad.:sweatdrop:

Kragor
09-19-2015, 12:34 PM
In short... if we get more people to play Tanked then we'll have a higher chance of updates.

darkhawk
09-19-2015, 01:37 PM

At least you're spending your time playing an MG game :D I second this.

Alexanderkg
09-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Well, I will ask my friend if the update is coming and that could be a chance for me to playing back Tanked(maybe).
P.S: I'm not famous okay.

skullking
09-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Well, I will ask my friend if the update is coming and that could be a chance for me to playing back Tanked(maybe).
P.S: I'm not famous okay.

No one here is famous... tanked is a small community we are all friends and family!!!

Bruce Wayne
09-23-2015, 01:44 AM

Java is pretty good, too.

(yes I stalk all forums)

raqk
09-23-2015, 02:06 AM

FQ was fun :D

Boomer
09-23-2015, 12:58 PM
No one here is famous... tanked is a small community we are all friends and family!!!

Unless if you have a small Youtube channel and do videos every couple months. :crazy:

LOLKidz117.
09-23-2015, 05:52 PM

Super curious what will this game be called? And will it be multiplayer?

raqk
09-23-2015, 08:33 PM

The hype is real.

Magicalfishy
09-24-2015, 01:30 AM

In due time my friend, in due time.

DarkPrelateMohandar
09-24-2015, 02:00 AM
What is Seth supposed to add in the update then? A tank that goes invisible when in the dark but loses invisibility if it attacks? We already have a cannon fodder tank(Love Tank), versatiles(M3, Spider, RT), a speed star(Panzer V), damagers(M4 and Skull), and an overwhelmer(Fatty), and a rapid fire(Dink). The roles that a new tank might take is long-range attack, stealth, or double turrets.

SageDeoxys
09-24-2015, 02:14 AM
What is Seth supposed to add in the update then? A tank that goes invisible when in the dark but loses invisibility if it attacks? We already have a cannon fodder tank(Love Tank), versatiles(M3, Spider, RT), a speed star(Panzer V), damagers(M4 and Skull), and an overwhelmer(Fatty), and a rapid fire(Dink). The roles that a new tank might take is long-range attack, stealth, or double turrets.

None of that is happening soon, if it does ever happen.

SageDeoxys
09-26-2015, 06:45 PM
If you guys want to play a fun tank game. I would recommend World of Tanks. It has amazing graphics, most of the tanks are based off of real WWII and post WWII tanks, and the developers are updating every month or so. It's also not pay to win. I have made it to tier ten without spending a single penny.

Yeah... No. Im sticking to Tanked.

Christopher
09-26-2015, 06:52 PM
If you guys want to play a fun tank game. I would recommend World of Tanks. It has amazing graphics, most of the tanks are based off of real WWII and post WWII tanks, and the developers are updating every month or so. It's also not pay to win. I have made it to tier ten without spending a single penny.

Don't advertise a different game in this forum... It's weird

SageDeoxys
09-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Don't advertise a different game in this forum... It's weird

Yep... This is why we have the RTSoft Tavern.

skullking
09-30-2015, 02:40 PM
School and studying is a good game