PDA

View Full Version : Building Novashell on Linux.

erikharrison
03-28-2009, 03:50 AM
Okay. So I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex, and the novashell binary was throwing an error finding the Clanlib shared libs - looked like the libtool version was bumped? But I dunno a lot about that. Ibex ships latest version of clanlib, so I had installed from packages.

I decided to just build novashell from source, that way the binary would be linked correctly to my local libraries. Yay!

After a couple of minor issues building Box2D and lua (which I should probably document somewhere) the actual novashell build proper broke due to what appears to be an API change in ClanLib itself. The m_zip object (A CL_Zip_Archive instance) is using a three arg version of add_file when the API docs on clanlib.org only have two args.

Am I missing something?

erikharrison
03-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Seth? Anybody?

Seth
04-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Hey Erik,

The latest version of Novashell requires the latest SVN version of Clanlib (of the v0.8 development branch) - grabbing (and building/installing) that should fix the problem.

I will update the documentation about this.. whups.

Background: I recently added some zipping features to Clanlib so the internal Novashell packager can now spit out zips.