PDA

View Full Version : Trouble opening latest build on Mac

sfreddaway
04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm using a G4 mac with OXS Tiger 10.4.11 . When I try to open the latest build (April 26 ,2009 ,2:10pm) I get a message that says
start.luac:bad header in precompiled chunk

CheshireWhiskers
04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm afraid I get the same error in the April 20th release...

Game: Set working dir to /Applications/novashell.app/Contents/Resources
Joysticks are currently not supported in Clanlib on OSX. Make Seth add them?
Command line parms received:
-psn_0_38535169

Initializing GameLogic...
Clanlib Sound System Initialized
---------------- Lua Error! Stack Dump ----------------

-1: /Applications/novashell.app/Contents/Resources/base/script/system_start.luac: bad header in precompiled chunk
---------------- Lua Error! Stack Dump ----------------

-1: /Applications/novashell.app/Contents/Resources/base/script/game_start.luac: bad header in precompiled chunk

...then Novashell crashes and I have to Force Novashell to quit...

I am also coincidentally using a mac G4 (1.25 Ghz) & OS X 10.4.11... so I hope that's not the problem (some people still use power pc's in some forgotten parts of the world).
I greatly enjoy your program & would love to be using the latest version.

Seth
04-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys...

Hrm, turns out Lua 5.1 can not handle endian issues automatically (I guess 5.0 could?!) .

So I will probably have to add some byte swapping code to fix things so compiled scripts work under any platform made by any platform.

For now, there is a work-around: Delete all the .luac files. (Maybe there is some finder search trick to hit them all at once..)

They will automatically be recompiled when novashell is run and should load fine after that.

Also, I recommend grabbing the latest build for some other reasons.

sfreddaway
04-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for getting back so fast. And yes your hint worked fine .First right click on Novashell application scoll down to "show contents" , left click .Now in the finder serch window type .luac select all then delete . Nova shell now works fine . I quit and opened again no problems. Ta very much

Seth
04-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Fixed this in latest build.. uploading now.