PDA

View Full Version : Jumping up

Pleng
04-28-2009, 12:23 PM
In dizzy games, when Dizzy is not walking left or right he stands and faces the player. If he jumps when he is standing still he jumps directly up, whilst still facing the player.

Is it possible to simulate this behavior in Novashell?

Seth
04-30-2009, 04:14 AM
Yes - the easiest way would probably be to use the ForceVisual brain to override the visuals with what you need.

For instance, if you detect that he is idle, do this:GetBrainManager():Add("ForceVisual", "force_anim=idle");

and kill it when he starts moving again.

Actually, it would probably be easier to just set the left/right idle anim in the idle state to the same graphic of him facing the player for that..

For the jump itself, since you DO want left/right jumps also, use the ForceVisual trick above for a "center_jump" anim that you've added in its profile, and remove it when they've landed.

In the TreeWorld example, I use the ForceVisual brain trick to make the player look like he's climbing ladders.

Pleng
04-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Hi Seth

Thanks for your help with all my questions. I will have a play on the weekend and see what I come up with :)

Pleng
05-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes - the easiest way would probably be to use the
Actually, it would probably be easier to just set the left/right idle anim in the idle state to the same graphic of him facing the player for that..

Yes, this is how I approached the idle anims.

The force visual is working brilliantly for the jumps. thanks for that! :)