PDA

View Full Version : clanlib removed from linux binary release?

dracoroot7
04-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I was wondering why was clanlib remove from the linux version of novashell and is there a simple way to compile the source and add it back in?

thanks

Seth
05-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally I did link in everything under the sun, hoping to create a binary that would run on every linux system, but .. this turned out to create as many problems as it solves... I can't remember the specifics though, maybe because clanlib had to be compiled for each machine to work with different windowing systems or such...

I guess that's why each linux flavor sort of ends up needing its own binary?? Wow, annoying... so to insure my binary would work on all/most, I required that they install clanlib themself separately. (CL Version 1.0 now) And I'm sure even that is a failing effort... :crazy:

Note, because it's open source, anyone (with tons of free time) could setup a script to grab the novashell svn and and latest media files (included with my binary build) and build it a different way and put them online for download for any particular flavor of linux.

dracoroot7
05-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the response.

I would also like to know if novashell can use clanlibs software render, in other words does clanlib switch by itself or does novashell need specific code to use it?

Seth
05-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Clanlib 1.0 doesn't have a working software renderer.. (There was an SDL target back in the day, but because novashell makes so much use of GL scaling, etc, no way..)

So it's GL only.