PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt layers.dat?

Pleng
05-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Is it possible for layers.dat to become corrupt?

I say this because I have added several new layers to my map, then edited the properties so they were laying where I wanted in the queue and set the 'only visible in editor' flags as appropriate.

Since doing so, I have come across some bizzare issues. When I create a new entity and set the layer to 'Hidden Data', it still shows in game - although existing items in that layer are still invisible.

I have the previous version of my layers.dat which I could revert to. If I do this, what will happen to tiles which are in layers which no longer exist?

Seth
05-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Hmm, I'm really note sure. I don't know if any bugs with the layer system but anything could be corrupted. If you delete the entire thing it will be rebuild with the standard one.

What happens to entities that are on invalid layers? Not sure, but I think it's gives warnings in the log and I might even automatically move them to valid layers. So make sure you back up your project dir before trying that.

As for an entity that shows up when it shouldn't, make sure you don't have two layers with the same name when you set it (it might choose the wrong one if you're setting it by name)

If you can create the problem in a simple project that you can send me I'd be glad to take a look, might be a bug I can fix.

Pleng
05-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi Seth

I have sent an email to support@rt...

I couldn't find any other way of contacting you through the forums
cheers!

Seth
05-17-2009, 03:57 AM
I got the email, thanks - It was an ugly bug with the layer system that doesn't occur with the default layers - please download the latest build I just put up, should fix it right up.

Also, not sure if this is in your version too, but I noticed if you zoom out on the title screen there are a bunch of coins waaay down there.

Pleng
05-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Hi Seth

New build works just fine but am getting the following error message whenever I load novashell or load a world

Warning: Box2d doesn't like collision line 1 in D:\Dropbox\My Dropbox\Development\Novashell/base/maps/_SystemPaletteImages/system_images.dat. (Your shape has a radius/extent less than b2_toiSlop. Adjust!)

Its no biggie for now, I can still escape out and it works just fine.

Coins. Oh yea, that must be because I used Treeworld as a base, so they're probably left over from that. When I removed all the blocks, they must have just fell down to pretty much infinity. I can't even find them on my screen, I'll have a go at removing them them with 'find similar'