PDA

View Full Version : We got a BIG time hacker

Boomer
11-10-2015, 01:39 AM
Now he's trying to use scare tactics. Saying he has our IPs. Watch out. He also did his typical speed/shooting hack in an earlier match.

Seth
11-10-2015, 02:31 AM
It isn't possible for Tanked client hacks to get another user's IP, as the server handles all communication. Same as Growtopia, players aren't actually connected to each other at any time. (Clients are only sent packets from us, the server)

However, if you send emails to a hacker, visit a hacker's website, skype with a hacker, etc, they might be able to get your IP. If someone has your IP address there isn't really a lot they can do unless you have software with a vulnerability in it... if they have enough bandwidth themselves, they could flood data at you to slow down your connection though. In most cases you can switch IPs by rebooting your router or something though.

Best thing to do with people like that is ignore them and avoid games with them, as attention is what they crave more than anything.

SageDeoxys
11-10-2015, 02:42 AM
What Seth said.
Also, just don't bother to waste your time on him. Its the same CheaterPro we all know and hate. He's harmless unless you actually battle him.

dontshoot
11-10-2015, 02:51 AM
btw seth, the new hackers, don't get system banned when they apply the speed and shoot hacks? i battled a few times recently with them.
before, the system banned them after 1 game or during a game, now it doesn't. pretty annoying, can't get a fair game for the time i have to play.

and it feels like there are more than one person that know this hack, just because the way the play is different. one of the hacker is beatable, miss a lot although his speed hack is slower than the other hacker i've seen. my feelings there are at least two people that knows about this hack and possibly 3 people. I know that we can change the country, but when the hacker first started they had russian flag with them. one more thing i notice some of the hacker use ios and some use android, that also makes me think that there are more than one person that knows about this hack.

Boomer
11-10-2015, 02:54 AM
It isn't possible for Tanked client hacks to get another user's IP, as the server handles all communication. Same as Growtopia, players aren't actually connected to each other at any time. (Clients are only sent packets from us, the server)

However, if you send emails to a hacker, visit a hacker's website, skype with a hacker, etc, they might be able to get your IP. If someone has your IP address there isn't really a lot they can do unless you have software with a vulnerability in it... if they have enough bandwidth themselves, they could flood data at you to slow down your connection though. In most cases you can switch IPs by rebooting your router or something though.

Best thing to do with people like that is ignore them and avoid games with them, as attention is what they crave more than anything.

I didn't think he could get our IPs; I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Crazyjulie
11-10-2015, 03:05 AM
I just started tanked a few days so and noticed that one of the users were very fast and was killing people easily. Does that mean that the person is hacking?:confused:

SageDeoxys
11-10-2015, 03:11 AM
I just started tanked a few days so and noticed that one of the users were very fast and was killing people easily. Does that mean that the person is hacking?:confused:

Yep. If you see any strange activity, just leave the battle. Theres nothing you can do but wait for a moderator to ban him, only for him to come back with a new IP 5 minutes later.

JOSHIE63
11-10-2015, 04:15 AM
I saw that guy recently. I never matched up with him, but he was talking a lot of crap about IP. People like that generally use some form of scare tactic to cause panic.

Yep. If you see any strange activity, just leave the battle. Theres nothing you can do but wait for a moderator to ban him, only for him to come back with a new IP 5 minutes later.

The only responsibility of Tanked moderators: futile bans.

SageDeoxys
11-10-2015, 02:44 PM
The only responsibility of Tanked moderators: futile bans.

Well, at least its better than receiving messages from 12 year olds every 2 milliseconds. Unless you're Greaser, then you gotta deal with both.

Boomer
11-10-2015, 03:22 PM

Junior didn't even ban him the other day when they were teammates. Probably because he knew it wasn't worth it.

Junior
11-26-2015, 02:44 AM
Junior didn't even ban him the other day when they were teammates. Probably because he knew it wasn't worth it.

I try to ignore him unless he starts speed hacking.

KittenMH
11-26-2015, 03:07 AM
I try to ignore him unless he starts speed hacking.

After the other team gets wrecked xD

Junior
11-26-2015, 03:28 PM
After the other team gets wrecked xD

:mad:

Nope. I ban right away regardless of which team he is on.

KittenMH
11-26-2015, 04:52 PM
:mad:

Nope. I ban right away regardless of which team he is on.

Sure, sure okay.

c:

preetlove
11-27-2015, 04:08 AM
oops! but i like cats very much :)