PDA

View Full Version : New game i might make

Zerkon
08-21-2013, 08:56 PM
You know what guys, sorry for all the trouble, I'm not going to make this because I don't have any experience with c++. I'm also not a good drawer, and don't have anyone to help like meep said. Bye:(

yoyotje2011
08-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Well, sure is possible. I don't think you will get any copyright problems. It's basically just a 2D-sandbox game... I wish you luck!

Pim148
08-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Good luck at your project!
If you're un sure about copyrights, just email Seth.

Meep234
08-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Is it an ios game? We would have to see it to give it a name. Maybe take a pic?

cocoufo
08-21-2013, 09:24 PM
nice going I know codeing in games will be quite hard to do so i wish you all the best

IAmABrodie
08-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Well, as I can see you already have experience in programming, but in my opinion you wont get anywhere with Python And LUA as those too are considerably less powerful than the usual languages. Before getting into game development, I'd like to recommend you to learn, or at least try out Java or C++.
You can find countless tutorials of these on YouTube, including my favorite's; TheNewBoston.

Also, if you plan on making your game as an app, Android development would be the best for your case. It's a ton cheaper than IOS and has enough popularity to jump-start a possible carrier.

Good luck! :wave:

Zerkon
08-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Cheaper as in time cheap or cheaper as money. Also I was thinking about doing c++ or
Objective-c. if Seth or hamumu reads this, what language is this game written in? Also if possible anyone would like to help out on a name?

Meep234
08-22-2013, 01:07 AM
It's written in c++ and I would help with the name but what's your game about?

Zerkon
08-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Something like growtopia, a sanbox 2d single player but if I learn more i might be able to make it multiplayer(if you read my bio you will see that I might not be as old as most programmers:rolleyes:

Meep234
08-22-2013, 02:40 AM
Hmm... What would be special about your game? Like gt and growing trees.

l0l
08-22-2013, 02:42 AM
Well, I'm thinking i might make a game like growtopia(some people doubt me(read biography for details)) but I don't want want to make it too much like it for copyright reasons i know it isn't growtopia chat but I just wanted more people to see it, I might need a name also( thinking about that)

I know how you want to make a game, but python and a little bit of LUA is not enough. I am 11 years old, and Im learning advance web development (Js-jquery, HTML, CSS, maybe starting PHP). Im trying to create an interactive website, things go well. At least you need a partner, whos good at programming too. Also, texture maker, sound track and a website domain for your game. Im not saying that you cant succeed(everything's possible), but just telling that it would be pretty hard.

i20HH
08-22-2013, 03:20 AM
Have you ever used Stencyl?. Looks like a good software,might give that a go.
Www.stencyl.com

raqk
08-22-2013, 03:27 AM
Well, I'm thinking i might make a game like growtopia(some people doubt me(read biography for details)) but I don't want want to make it too much like it for copyright reasons i know it isn't growtopia chat but I just wanted more people to see it, I might need a name also( thinking about that)
Good luck! ive actually tried on many occasions to a game... on IOS, osx, java, and even a text based game that was not at all going to work using html. right now im experimenting with ruby.
i actually bet i could make a decent game, but i haven't found a good language thats not too easy, or that theres nothing i can learn in it, or a language thats incredibly hard, like one on a entirely different OS... well i wish you luck with your game, and hope you dont run into any copyright issues!

Zerkon
08-22-2013, 11:41 AM
So I think that I shall start learning c++ or something, what will be unique is that you will have to hatch them from an egg!or something, cause impulse tof ideas(I'm not a thinker, I'm a doer:))

DevinS
08-22-2013, 11:44 AM
You are not talking about Growtopia, you are talking about your own. Everything that doesn't relate to Growtopia belongs to here: RTsoft Tavern (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?4-RTsoft-Tavern). :)

I really like new games! I already bought GTA V. ;)

Layerd
08-22-2013, 12:24 PM
So I think that I shall start learning c++ or something, what will be unique is that you will have to hatch them from an egg!or something, cause impulse tof ideas(I'm not a thinker, I'm a doer:))

C++ is a great programming language you can make A Call of Duty game on there it's so good

Zerkon
08-22-2013, 08:51 PM
You are not talking about Growtopia, you are talking about your own. Everything that doesn't relate to Growtopia belongs to here: RTsoft Tavern (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?4-RTsoft-Tavern). :)

I really like new games! I already bought GTA V. ;)

Well, technically it is somewhat related as in gt as in it gave me the idea but I will do better next time

Newbie3
08-24-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm a good drawer. Ill help you if you like : )