PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I missed something?

Circular Square
10-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Heya! I'm running Ubuntu (Jaunty) and am puzzled... it gives me this when I try to run Novashell via terminal:

*:~$ '/home/*/Downloads/novashell/novashell'
/home/*/Downloads/novashell/novashell: error while loading shared libraries: libclanApp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I /did/ download ClanLib (1 and 2.0.4 just to be safe) but am not 100% on how to apply either if need be, and I've searched for awhile... to no avail.

This is probably something rather silly I've missed, but could someone please clear this up for me? I've been searching for something like this for awhile now and now that I've found it, I'd like to be able to use it... lol

Sorry to be a pain! :sweatdrop:

Seth
10-20-2009, 03:27 AM
Hmm, maybe related to this problem, this is from the novashell readme.txt:

Ok, for anyone getting this error with novashell in linux:

"./novashell: error while loading shared libraries: libclanApp-0.8.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

It might be because your clanlib stuff is in usr/local/lib instead of usr/lib.

To fix this, from the shell prompt, right before running novashell, do this:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

(to check that it 'took', you can view it like this)

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

(you should see it say: /user/local/lib )

Novashell should now be able to find the clanlib library stuff.

Uh, ignore the 0.8 part, this was written before Clanlib V1.0 was released. If this fixes the problem please let me know.

I seem to remember some recent changes to library naming the ClanLib guys have been doing, maybe I need to recompile with the latest version.. also, as an alternative, you can checkout novashell itself and try compiling it as well.

sphair
10-20-2009, 07:09 AM
The library naming was only in ClanLib 2 afaik, so it shouldn't affect Novashell.

Circular Square
10-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Well, it seemed to 'take' and all, but the problem remains... @_@

Seth
10-21-2009, 04:08 AM
Hrm, I just did a complete rebuild of Clanlib 1.0 and novashell with Ubuntu (8.04, hardy heron) and it ran without any problems.

When you built Clanlib, did you do a "sudo make install"?

Circular Square
10-21-2009, 12:12 PM
waitwaitwait... I'm such a lost cause... lol This is my first time using something like this and I failed to realize I had to compile anything (never done it before, never thought about it). I'll try that later, which will most likely be what solves it...

Seth
10-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the wacky world of linux, friend! :crazy: