PDA

View Full Version : Background animation?

NinjaNumberNine
11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I just wondered if you could make an animated background like, say, a volcano spitting fire out of several images, something like a sprite, without using too much resources...

NinjaNumberNine
11-14-2009, 03:05 AM
:ninja: Bump :ninja:

Seth
11-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I guess I would use an entity that is a giant animated sprite using a visual profile and give it a basic script to control how it works.

So, an entity like anything else but moved to a lower layer so it draws behind stuff.

(Like, every 30 seconds play the 'errupt' animation and spawn a fire particle system, then do smoke between erruptions or such)

NinjaNumberNine
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
I thought you mentioned that NovaShell would allow anyone to make games? I am going :crazy: over the programming part! *stressed* :whistling:
Got a little out of control there, but I do need a good briefing on "making entities" and the "particle system".
Also recently I have found more and more that the angles of collision data conflict with box2D. I can't even split a square tile diagonally with one line! The command line comes up and says that "BOX2D DOESN'T LIKE COLLISION IN LINE ONE- POLYGON TOO SKINNY" :confused:

Anyway thats how its going... ;)

NinjaNumberNine
11-17-2009, 06:12 PM
I mentioned a few things in the last post that were meant to be answered. This is kind of a bump. Thanks!

Seth
11-17-2009, 10:46 PM
I thought you mentioned that NovaShell would allow anyone to make games?

Yeah, I am probably going to go back and change that wording.. makes it sound like an easy to use game maker when in reality it's a fairly complicated and robust tool, not for everyone.

DOESN'T LIKE COLLISION IN LINE ONE- POLYGON TOO SKINNY"

Keep in mind you need to make a shape, not just a single line.. maybe you could post a screenshot of the shape you made? Box2D is fairly robust, it should have zero problems with making a triangle shape.

rikkib
11-19-2009, 03:24 AM
Hello, I just saw this and I also have been experiencing the "polygon too skinny" problem.

I have experienced this a few times, for example on a 40x80 pic i selected around 6-8 verticies in a oval shape around about 30x10 pixels, the poly was not concave at any point.