PDA

View Full Version : What is Proton SDK?

Karl0331
09-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, I've heard Seth used this thing for Growtopia... I wonder what is it?

feelthat
09-03-2013, 05:07 AM
If you want to write 2d app suggest you use cocos2d

if you want to write client and server app suggest use themanaworld

Proton 3d is very good 3d engine a cross platform engine

base on Irrlicht 3D, many good utility tools

Svn download it

svn://rtsoft.com/rtsvn/proton

build one key, press on, esay go!

Well, I've heard Seth used this thing for Growtopia... I wonder what is it?

oeginc
09-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Proton 3d is very good 3d engine a cross platform engine
base on Irrlicht 3D, many good utility tools

Svn download it
svn://rtsoft.com/rtsvn/proton

build one key, press on, esay go!

Ok, I downloaded today's SVN, converted the project to VS2010, cleaned, build, and got "main.cpp(1442): error C3861: 'InitMultiTouch': identifier not found
trying to compile winRTSimpleApp.

I wish there was some documentation laying around somewhere on getting started (or perhaps I missed it), this seems very "unfinished" and "undocumented" use at your own risk kind of sdk...

oeginc
09-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Ok, I downloaded today's SVN, converted the project to VS2010, cleaned, build, and got "main.cpp(1442): error C3861: 'InitMultiTouch': identifier not found
trying to compile winRTSimpleApp.

I wish there was some documentation laying around somewhere on getting started (or perhaps I missed it), this seems very "unfinished" and "undocumented" use at your own risk kind of sdk...

Ok, fumbling my way thru this, it turns out that if you don't have RT_WIN_MULTITOUCH_SUPPORT defined somewhere, then the InitMultiTouch function never gets created therefor giving you the error above. You can resolve this by commenting out the "InitMultiTouch" in main.cpp if you don't need multitouch support, or defining RT_WIN_MULTITOUCH_SUPPORT in your main.h.

Seth
09-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Ok, fumbling my way thru this, it turns out that if you don't have RT_WIN_MULTITOUCH_SUPPORT defined somewhere, then the InitMultiTouch function never gets created therefor giving you the error above. You can resolve this by commenting out the "InitMultiTouch" in main.cpp if you don't need multitouch support, or defining RT_WIN_MULTITOUCH_SUPPORT in your main.h.

Sorry about that, I'll fix it soon. (the InitMultiTouch() in main should be wrapped with an #ifdef RT_WIN_MULTITOUCH_SUPPORT .. it's for people that want to support multi-touch screens in Win 7/8)

Karl0331
09-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Sorry about that, I'll fix it soon. (the InitMultiTouch() in main should be wrapped with an #ifdef RT_WIN_MULTITOUCH_SUPPORT .. it's for people that want to support multi-touch screens in Win 7/8)

Oh okay....