PDA

View Full Version : Question to @Seth and Hamumu.

KondeHD
01-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Yoo! I have thinked, that does Seth and Hamumu allow making "fan" versions of growtopia. Because I would like to learn to code, by my favourite game. Growtopia type of game should be easy to make. I am very interested on coding, and thinking to be a coder on my future.

Metalwire
01-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Yoo! I have thinked, that does Seth and Hamumu allow making "fan" versions of growtopia. Because I would like to learn to code, by my favourite game. Growtopia type of game should be easy to make. I am very interested on coding, and thinking to be a coder on my future.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't as long as it's not an exact copy

RexStar
Sure u can use gt as an inspiration but don't totally copy it down to the pixel...
Copy right stuff...

YellowPepper
Haha! Same here. Figh-five.
Btw I'm not making a game like Growtopia well, not exact. I'll make a MMO game.

Kurisumasu
01-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Whats coding :sweatdrop:, Sounds hard

MyLegGuy
01-10-2016, 06:07 PM

It won't be easy at all to make a game similar to Growtopia.

Making the platformer game engine is the easy part.
Implementing multiplayer is hard.

|ThyLuigi|
01-10-2016, 08:38 PM
*Sits here trying to figure out why my dice game is crashing*

Metalwire
01-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Whats coding :sweatdrop:, Sounds hard
Coding allows to make programs leading to video games which Seth and hammumu studied to create their franchise

peck
01-10-2016, 10:56 PM
Implementing multiplayer is hard.

I think it depends. An MMO server on first release would be hell obviously, but if everyone starts small and adds to it over time it's easy.

ModSim
01-23-2016, 09:03 PM
Haha! Same here. Figh-five.
Btw I'm not making a game like Growtopia well, not exact. I'll make a MMO game.

You have no idea how hard it is to make an MMO. It took me like a week to make a simple LAN server for my game. Although, it was done in Java

OnlyKING0
01-23-2016, 09:06 PM
coding is not easy at all . Especially if you are created a game in C++ , BUT YEAH TAKES TIME AND PATIENCE!