PDA

View Full Version : Which game should I work on?

DahPiglz
01-13-2016, 01:02 AM
Hey guys, what game should I finish?

Put "yes" to choose one

Put "no" to choose 2

Option one:

Option two:

ModSim
01-23-2016, 04:32 AM
This is made with that ios app? I have used that before. But i dont see how those things teach people to code. You only have limited things to use. Even Game Maker: Studio gives so much more options!

peck
02-04-2016, 06:07 PM
If you even considered option 2 you likely have a mental disorder.

Devilrule
02-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Game one!:D

MyLegGuy
02-06-2016, 12:42 AM
But i dont see how those things teach people to code.

Not everybody wants to learn to code. That's why things like Gamemaker were made.

peck
02-06-2016, 06:20 AM
Not everybody wants to learn to code. That's why things like Gamemaker were made.

But gamemaker has code? Thats what its known/used for?

ModSim
02-13-2016, 06:21 AM

Dumbest thing ever sayd - 2k16. Gamemaker is only as powerful as it is with code. You can't drag and drop surfaces.

MyLegGuy
02-13-2016, 06:03 PM
But i dont see how those things teach people to code.

Dumbest thing ever sayd - 2k16. Gamemaker is only as powerful as it is with code. You can't drag and drop surfaces.
If you don't want to learn to code, you are still able to use Gamemaker and do lots of stuff with it.
If you want to learn GML, you can do much more. But the code isn't required for basic games.

Glad we agree.

But gamemaker has code? Thats what its known/used for?
It's called Game Maker Language, I think, and it's used for Gamemaker.

peck
02-13-2016, 08:19 PM
It's called Game Maker Language, I think, and it's used for Gamemaker.
Im not sure if im following you correctly but I thought you said just before that gamemaker was for people who dont want to learn code, and so I was questioning it.

GML is a proprietary programming language just as "javascript" (or better called unity script) is to unity. Id call it code. Lots dont consider unity, gamemaker studio, or other things software that uses code which I personally think is silly.