PDA

View Full Version : New Moderator ?

BigBoy - alfa12345
01-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Hey guys,
I would just like to ask your opinion/thoughts about having a new moderator, because now days I hardly get to see a mod on-line. I understand moderators also have their own work to do and its not a simple job to be a moderator. But all I can see now days is increasing rate of hackers... Which is leading people to quit the game ( also because of the lack of updates ).I am not saying that we must have a new moderator, I am just making a humble request to have a new one.
Thanks
alfa12345

( Don't get cranky if I wrote anything wrong because I am new to the forums )

Sorry for the grammatical errors :D

Hypnoid
01-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Tanked is a dead game. Seth won't update the game anymore.

Metalwire
01-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Hey guys,
I would just like to ask your opinion/thoughts about having a new moderator, because now days I hardly get to see a mod on-line. I understand moderators also have their own work to do and its not a simple job to be a moderator. But all I can see now days is increasing rate of hackers... Which is leading people to quit the game ( also because of the lack of updates ).I am not saying that we must have a new moderator, I am just making a humble request to have a new one.
Thanks
alfa12345

Most people want more moderators because of this but the developers yet to see trust in most people to actually make the a moderator. Not many players show that they value people and want to help out. Although this may take a while I am sure the developers will promote a suited player for the job( I'm not sure to be honest tanked seems that it was left alone)

Joshcat
01-18-2016, 02:57 PM
If the devs are having troubles about finding moderators for their BIGGEST game then I doubt they'll find any for one of their smaller ones.

BigBoy - alfa12345
01-18-2016, 03:23 PM
True that Metalwire, I totally agree with you on that part :)
But Hypnoid dont you think the game will eventually become "DEAD" if theres a severe lack of updates? All in all one day the player will get bored and retire cause he looks foward to have new updates, but sadly which is not happening. And where you say Game is dead, I truly think the game is not dead mate. I see alot of new players developing their interest in Tanked... Which is quite good to see. Everyday there are more than 300 logins and you say the game is dead ? But eventually it would be one day cause of the lack of updates which would somehow force everyone to quit.
Please take this into consideration Seth/Moderators.
I am just trying to make a change, cause I am not here to witness the change but to be the change.
And for this I would require everyone's help ( even tough am not the one whos gonna update, I can only req. Rest is all on Seth)
Thanks,
alfa12345

Sorry for the grammatical errors.
Have a good day :)

Tomahawk
01-20-2016, 11:22 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks
alfa12345

Or move on with your life

Ranger5379
01-27-2016, 12:44 AM
Hackers are more or less unbannable, all they have to do is change their ip address and then they come back. Sad fact of life...if they bother making accounts then the account can be banned, but most of them just use one of the 'trial' accounts (one of the ones with two letters after them) so they just come back. Not sure why they're able to; you would think that the two letters account would be banned too....I've seen hackers muted (or ducktaped as I believe it's called now...?) and that seems to stick, but for the most part banned hackers just come back. Most mods seem to just be ignoring them like us, or they're not on when they're around. Adding a mod would be difficult because a super Mod (yes, mods can 'crown' other mods - I've seen it happen a few years ago) or Seth would have to find somene they believed they trusted and then crowned them, and it's possible that if they start banning every hacker they see the hackers might get happy and keep coming back just to troll them. It would just turn into 'who has the most patience, the banner or the hacker' but on the bright side it takes several minutes to change your ip address (to change it you just reset your router or use a vpn or proxy) so they would stay away for a few min while they are evading the ban filter. Maybe tanked should add a proxy/vpn checker and auto ban them - I know growtopia already has a vpn banner but I'm not sure about Tanked.

DarkPrelateMohandar
02-04-2016, 05:04 AM
Maybe Seth should just make a new tank game with updated coding so that he will be able to update it when people ask something. Maybe call it Tanked 2?

Also it should have different tanks... If it ever happens pls put the Kanonenjagpanzer, AMX-13, and M551 Sheridan on it. They wouod be cool...

You shouldn't bring your hopes up. Strider was the last known addition to the moderation team on Tanked, and that was over two years ago, so the likelihood of us getting a new moderator is slim. Also, consider the fact that these "hackers" are capable of changing their IP to make a new account and cause havoc seconds after they are banned, so moderators can't do anything about it.
I do however agree that a new moderator should be added, more for people who constantly curse at others and break the basic rules imposed by Seth than for anything else.