PDA

View Full Version : Clothing simulator.

capnkrunch
02-22-2016, 03:11 AM
I'm working on a Growtopia clothing simulator which basically lets you wear any clothing item and know + test their effects, and that includes legendary items. Mind me if this turns out wrong, I haven't been updated with C++ coding as much, will try my best.

peck
02-22-2016, 04:16 AM
>c++
Somehow I doubt your capabilities, partially due to your age, and partially to the amount of time it takes to learn such a dead language.

Good luck.

peck
02-22-2016, 04:36 AM
What do you mean dead language? c++ Is used very often. Age also has nothing to do with being able to learn.

Ooo but c++ is a wholely different playing field.
This link right here shows you everything people get wrong about c++. http://yosefk.com/c++fqa/picture.html#fqa-6.6
What people get wrong about c++ is they tend to think its the most powerful/useful/mostpopular language. C++ has this intention of being an "everything" language, because of this, it uses something called templates. And to sum up the link I included, templates are incredibly innefficient due to the constant "reinventing the wheel" and the semi proprietary use of c++ over everything. The c++ used to make the grow game has differences to the c++ used by activision, or other developers. Which is why some people will laugh at people saying "I know c++ 100%". C++ was the standard back then, but now there are better choices, MUCH better choices.
C++ is going to run off track, and some people are unfortunate enough to jump on the train.

I very much believe kids can code, I did at a fairly young age.