PDA

View Full Version : Questions~4~Seth

Hawk
02-18-2010, 12:42 AM
My question(s) for today is/are: How does one become admin of their own FQ game? Is it possible to put one into a gaming area of a message board? Do you know who I should contact about this sort of stuff?

Seth
02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Hi,

I'm currently not offering licensing of FQ, just going to keep it around here for now.

On the bright-side, it looks like stability has improved.

Hawk
02-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Hi,

I'm currently not offering licensing of FQ, just going to keep it around here for now.

On the bright-side, it looks like stability has improved.

Ok, thanks, let us know if you should decide otherwise, k?
I noticed the game is running a bit more smoothly than what it had been. I hope it remains this way. I would hate to see a good game go bad...:whistling:

Hawk
02-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Here's another one for you Seth.

I just played the demo of your game "Dungeon Scroll Gold Edition" and I absolutely loved it!

Where can I get this game? How much and is there a smaller version free somewhere?

Seth
02-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Hey Hawk,

There is no free version, but Dungeon Scroll Gold is currently on sale for $2 at www.rtsoft.com (http://www.rtsoft.com) so grab it while ya can!

Hawk
02-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Hey Hawk,

There is no free version, but Dungeon Scroll Gold is currently on sale for $2 at www.rtsoft.com (http://www.rtsoft.com) so grab it while ya can!

All right! Seth, my man! Thank you so much. I will get it soon as I find my card....

Now where did I stash that thing? :rolleyes:

Hawk
04-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Ok, here is my question, well, maybe a question in a statement?

Ok, this has happened not once, but twice before and today would make the 3rd time for me.

I upgraded my st. First time was good went right to 5, when I tried to up my st again to 6, it took the gold but didn't give me the xtra st. I though maybe I had hit the wrong button, went to check my stats, and no, didn't hit the wrong button, nothing had changed but my gold.

I didn't think anything about it till the second time it did the same thing, only with my hp. Didn't get the hp but it took my gold. This time, it took my gold and didn't give me the second upgrade on my st.

What is wrong here? I am missing 1hp and 2st because of this. That hurts!

Am I imagining this or is there something wrong? Is there anyway you could check? I don't really know what days it was this happened as I didn't think to write it down.
I am sorry for "whining" but daaaaayum! That may just cost me some super good "visits", ya know?

Did anyone else have this problem or have you noticed?

:(

Hawk
04-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Here's another for you, LOL.

When you were doing the sketches for the art on FQ, did you use like family members as models? Or did you just come up with the customer looks?

That question has come up a couple times for me from others, lol, why everyone thinks i would know, is beyond me, perhaps I have the guts to ask? LOL :D

Seth
04-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey Hawk,

Thanks for the bug report. Has anybody else noticed this? Please let me know if this happens to you, too.

When you were doing the sketches for the art on FQ, did you use like family members as models? Or did you just come up with the customer looks?

All the art was designed and drawn in Flash as vector art by my wife Akiko, I don't think she used anyone in our family (this was like 11 years ago, before we had kids!) as models for the art.

So no, neither the church guy or the creepy store salesman are modeled on me. I hope... :sweatdrop:

Hawk
05-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Thank you for answering my curious question on the art, as I am an artist, but a realist. I've tried the "cartoon" look but just cannot get it right, LOL, too much of a perfectionist I suppose.....:rolleyes:

Your wife has a good technique there.....good job!

Hawk
05-03-2010, 03:57 AM
Another question that inquiring minds wish to know, hehehe....

How does one go about manipulating the font in the cafe area of the game? What is the formula or just the enclosures you should use?

This is a cool thing and SOME people, who won't be mentioned here, like to keep secrets and LOVE to tease others, including but not exclusively ME, with colored fonts and huge to very tiny wording. LOL

Hawk
06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Seth, a question was posed to me once a couple games past about you. I see you have added a new smilie.....

Have you ever played your own game, Funeral Quest and do you still play it now?

Inquiring minds want to know....:D

Seth
06-05-2010, 11:04 PM
I played a lot during development but not recently.

About font - I think it's `f<number> to change the font size. And color codes are `<number or sometimes symbol>.

So: `f5`2Big Green text``

(`` to stop it? maybe)

It's been a while, but it's something like that!