PDA

View Full Version : Where is FQ?

Hawk
02-19-2010, 04:40 PM
I was so hopeful about the stability, but what happened? It is now 10:40 am, CST, USA and I cannot log onto the game. :eek:

martinh0107
02-19-2010, 06:13 PM
None of us can.. be patient.
You can't expect one person to do so many things at once.
Remember, it's a game, not your life.
You play it for fun, not to have another soul in a computer.
Go do other things. Chores and whatnot.

Mister Brooks
02-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I usually start very late at night, and I don't have these problems. I think maybe the problem is maybe too much bandwidth is overloading the server. That's what happens at update time on CyberNations I usually wait before or a half hour after update time for the site to clear up, then I go on my merry way. If you're unlucky and going on time for update, you'll get the "busy" page and can't access your account at that time and that'll do it.

Though I have noticed that some times this is not true. In any way, there's something definitely wrong with the server the game is hosted at. The host should optimize the server better.

Bexangel
02-19-2010, 10:26 PM
I agree with you for once lol.. I also wait at least 30 mins at each new day, before using my turns.. :) My new day begins at 3pm GMT (England) I don't usually have any probs getting on... but lately, the server has been crashing more than usual. Seth is aware of this, but he also has a life outside of this game... Read the Forum... :whistling:

Hawk
02-19-2010, 11:37 PM
None of us can.. be patient.
You can't expect one person to do so many things at once.
Remember, it's a game, not your life.
You play it for fun, not to have another soul in a computer.
Go do other things. Chores and whatnot.

:poop: :poop: :poop:
Don't even go there! I think I have been quite patient with this game this go round on all sides and then some. I know how busy Seth is/can be as I was there once many years ago. :wheelchair:

Multi-tasking is the word you described and I believe Seth to be the KING of multi-taskers... If Seth were a doctor, well then, yes, it probably would be my life... :rolleyes:

I play this game for more than just fun, dude, as do many I have become aquainted with through it. I would not want "another soul" in a computer, that was only for sacrificial purposes while I was in college learning data-base programing!

Besides, all my "other things" are DONE! Sorta. I have been very sick and the one day I felt fine, I did all my "chores and whatnot" and I relapsed. Now I am all sick AGAIN, are you happy?

Hawk
02-19-2010, 11:40 PM
When I tried to log on this morning, way after it had turned, I thought to myself, "What?! It is Monday already??" :whistling:

mckinney
02-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Come on guys. It's okay. Nothing to get over worked about of to fight about. Seth will get to it when he can. Remember the man has children to care for as well as whatever else. I'm sure he is very busy and will try to get FQ back up and going.

Seth
02-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Hey guys, little update..

Yeah, it crashed at midnight, .. I wake up at 8 AM, so yeah.. :sweatdrop:

A little technical info:

I fixed the major crash bug, but there is an unrelated second and more rare one in there. I've seen it happen twice and unfortunately the debug info it gives me is crap, not much to go on. :confused:

I did some tweaks this morning, we'll see what happens.

Hawk
02-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Hey guys, little update..

Yeah, it crashed at midnight, .. I wake up at 8 AM, so yeah.. :sweatdrop:

A little technical info:

I fixed the major crash bug, but there is an unrelated second and more rare one in there. I've seen it happen twice and unfortunately the debug info it gives me is crap, not much to go on. :confused:

I did some tweaks this morning, we'll see what happens.

I really hope you don't take this stuff personally, Seth, I think you are a very, highly intelligent person with lots of compasion. :D

It happens to the best of the programmers...that one little bug that seems so bent on hiding, but it will show itself sooner or later. I am just biding my time, hanging out, waiting for things to get better. Perhaps you should shut things down temporarily and do some revamping? couldn't hurt. I am sure everyone needs a little break from the looks of things, anyway, LOL.

I know you probably do as well....:whistling: