PDA

View Full Version : Y no update?

attle
02-24-2010, 03:34 AM
how come there hasnt been anything since september last year uploaded for us 2 use.

Seth
02-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Novashell is more or less finished, any specific features you are looking for?

attle
02-25-2010, 12:16 AM
no not really unless it doesnt work on windows 7 cause im changin over soon

harrio
03-03-2010, 03:15 PM
hello seth,

i'm sort of clinging to the edge of this thread. you said the engine is pretty much done. which is good news to me. it should be stable if you think it's complete. i just wanted to know if the dragon eggs tutorial was updated to the current engine version? if not, did you have any plans to update it?

thanks for a great engine,

harrio...

Seth
03-04-2010, 05:12 AM
attle> It should work with Win7 fine. I still test on Vista64, but they are pretty similar so I doubt there will be any problems.

harrio> Yes I did update it after I changed the collision system to Box2D, so all should be good.

harrio
03-04-2010, 04:47 PM
coolbeanz,

so do you plan to put a snazzy, fat "1.0" on it, or do you plan to add a few 'touches' here and there? also, has the mac joystick support been sorted out? i remember seeing a thread of it being a problem but i can't find it, to see if it was resolved.

...gotta go check on number 7, it's offline again...lol

Seth
03-05-2010, 12:02 AM
I might do the 1.00 sometime, only a number, no rush.. :)

Joystick on mac is not supported. I don't think I will add it, but it's really a Clanlib issue, not a Novashell issue, so there is a chance someone will add it at some point and I can just recompile Novashell and have it work.

Hmm, not sure what you mean by #7 being offline.. tutorial #7 looks fine here, or did you mean something else?

harrio
03-06-2010, 08:33 AM
lol...you're gonna laugh when you read this...

i was referrering to the naughty production bot in your retro-robot demo.

as for the joystick stuff, correct me if i'm wrong but if i code the joystick support and key support, pc users will be able to use their joysticks while mac players will have to use keys?

Seth
03-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Ahh, THAT #7... I get it now. :)

>>as for the joystick stuff, correct me if i'm wrong but if i code the joystick >>support and key support, pc users will be able to use their joysticks while >>mac players will have to use keys?

Yep. You can easily support both at once, like Strong AI does.