PDA

View Full Version : A game that I developed using Proton SDK

shyamvenky
09-25-2013, 01:09 AM
First of all, many thanks to Seth and all the contributors of Proton SDK for having made such a simple, yet powerful game engine.
After a few months of on n off efforts, I have managed to complete my game and have published it in Google Play.

Its a small autocross game called SkidPad. Currently I have a lite version published and am working on pushing out a full version soon.
It would be really great if the forum members try out the game and provide some feedback :)

Here is the link to the app. This is my very first attempt at pushing something out to an app store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garagegames.SkidPadLite&hl=en

Meanwhile I'm trying to enable some ads and maybe in-app purchasing as well. I don't see any tutorial in the wiki page.
I've gotten my app to build with ChartBoost - but the SDK needs an app already published to get an ID.
Anyone have any snippet/instructions they would like to share?

There is a version 0.1 out there. I've released a version 1.1 with a minor fix. By the time your read this, it'd already be there :)

Thanks
Shyam

Iguana
09-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Currently downloading it. Controls seem to work pretty well. I can't wait to try the full version to come out. It's fun playing games made through Proton SDK. I like the music aswell but some of the turns could be more easier, on level two I wasn't sure which way to go or if I had to U-Turn to the left. But other than that. It's great!

shyamvenky
09-25-2013, 03:38 AM
Currently downloading it. Controls seem to work pretty well. I can't wait to try the full version to come out. It's fun playing games made through Proton SDK. I like the music aswell but some of the turns could be more easier, on level two I wasn't sure which way to go or if I had to U-Turn to the left. But other than that. It's great!

Thanks a lot for your feedback :)
I'm quite familiar with C++ and so Proton became an automatic choice for a game. Besides, I'd used IrrLicht previously as well, which helped me a lot.
As for the game.. I wanted to bring in some sort of in-game navigation, but it was too much work considering this is a first release. That is the reason I displayed a course map for each level.
I will concede that it still isn't 100% helpful, but as you play the levels, you will get used to it.

shyamvenky
09-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Here are a couple of screenshots from the game. Hope you all like it :)

Angrox
09-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Hmmm i wonder if i turn my PC game into an iOs fame with Proton. Anybody knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Here are a couple of screenshots from the game. Hope you all like it :)

That game looks awesome! :)