PDA

View Full Version : Should this be considered cheating?

neomio
03-24-2010, 01:00 AM
If a player has two identities - which isn't legal, but just saying - and one of his identities is weaker. And the weaker one attacks the stronger one twice every day, so the stronger one always wins and gets all those extra bury points. Of course that would be cheating because you're not supposed to have two identities - even if they are on two separate IP addresses.

But what if a strong player makes this arrangement with another, weaker player. The strong player would get - guaranteed - hundreds of extra points every day. Is this cheating? If it isn't, it still wrecks the game for everyone else. What do you think?

By the way - that's what someone has been doing during the current game.

Dorian1
03-24-2010, 03:28 AM
If a player has two identities - which isn't legal, but just saying - and one of his identities is weaker. And the weaker one attacks the stronger one twice every day, so the stronger one always wins and gets all those extra bury points. Of course that would be cheating because you're not supposed to have two identities - even if they are on two separate IP addresses.

But what if a strong player makes this arrangement with another, weaker player. The strong player would get - guaranteed - hundreds of extra points every day. Is this cheating? If it isn't, it still wrecks the game for everyone else. What do you think?

By the way - that's what someone has been doing during the current game.

It sucks you have gotten brainwashed by Alex. Like I said I can't control who attacks me. Modthegod attacked me twice today and lost once. Is that cheating? I will tell the person that keeps attacking me not too. Hope that makes you happy neomino. And that weak person attacking me only gives me a few bps. I pretty much lose it all when someone beats me. Sorry I have been getting alot of good sales. Also when I attack and beat 2 players i get about 1000bp from them together. Does that explain it to you?

Hawk
03-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Actually, this game has been a lot better in the sales department than the last few for me at least. You don't really get that much bp's when a lesser attacks you and loses. I should know, but when a higher attacks a lesser, at least this happened to me last game, every time, they would get my tags up to 4 every time. Just saying.

neomio
03-24-2010, 10:48 PM
It sucks that anyone thinks I need anyone to tell me how to think. I am just observing a phenomenon. It would be fine if it was just a coincidence. I just don't know. That's why I put this out as a question.

neomio
03-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Hawk - I don't know about you, but, if I know for sure that a player is stronger than me, I'm not going to visit them. I'm not always right and so I run or I lose. It doesn't seem logical to me that a player would continually hit someone they know is going to beat them. Especially twice every day. To me, it seems like a pre-arranged method of giving the other player extra points. I'm not saying that is cheating - I posed it as a question. It's probably more like you said, about that fine line. But to me, it doesn't make the game MORE interesting - it makes it LESS interesting. Because, if that is what is going on, then the only way you can replicate that strategy is to work with another person to do something like that. I've played this game for a long time, but I only recently thought about trying to figure out strategy. I noticed this thing happening with Charizard and wondered what other people thought. That's why I posted this thread. Now I've noticed, one day after I mentioned this, that Charizard is all of a sudden making a comment after each attack to make it sound like he's disappointed, and he's also separated his hits by several hours, so it doesn't look like he's doing it twice at one time.

By the way, if you see me coming on a lot of times then you must be on too. I come back on a lot during the day just to see what has been happening. And, yes, it I think a particular player is waiting for me to log off just so he'll hit me, I'll sometimes stay on to try and wait him out. That's a legitimate strategy. What about that has anything to do with cheating? By the way, in my experience, it rarely works. I usually get hit by the person I'm trying to avoid the minute I finally log off!

Alex
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't care that Nairod is cheating but just admit it.

Here's how it went Seth:

3 days in a row Carizard attacked Nairod twice in a row, no comment, no nothing, and gave gim points. And out of 24 hours of a day Charizard came online just about when Nairod did. food for thought.

And on the 3rd day when I saw it happened again, I told Nairod that if he doesn't stop I will tell Seth about this. On the 4th day he stopped, but saw that he wasn't getting that many points so on the 5th day, yesterday, so that it would be less obvious Charizard tried to attack Nairod at the begining of the day and once at the end, thus giving him again points. Charizard can't be a newbie because he's on the 1st page, so he would know not to attack someone when their powers do not match at all.

Seth, just look through your files and see if anything is suspicious. It takes the fun out of the game

Dorian1
03-27-2010, 04:03 AM
I don't care that Nairod is cheating but just admit it.

Here's how it went Seth:

3 days in a row Carizard attacked Nairod twice in a row, no comment, no nothing, and gave gim points. And out of 24 hours of a day Charizard came online just about when Nairod did. food for thought.

And on the 3rd day when I saw it happened again, I told Nairod that if he doesn't stop I will tell Seth about this. On the 4th day he stopped, but saw that he wasn't getting that many points so on the 5th day, yesterday, so that it would be less obvious Charizard tried to attack Nairod at the begining of the day and once at the end, thus giving him again points. Charizard can't be a newbie because he's on the 1st page, so he would know not to attack someone when their powers do not match at all.

Seth, just look through your files and see if anything is suspicious. It takes the fun out of the game

I told him to stop, like I said I can't control who attacks me. What do I have to explain? I think you have the explaining to do. From what I hear from everyone you are doing a lot of illegal things as well. So why don't you admitt to that? Apparently you never lose a game, playing "under the wire" is ok. Don't cry just because you are not in the lead right now. I am younger then you and am 10 times more mature. News flash, it is just an online game. You think I had fun other games where I was in 12th place and had no chance of winning? No I played and I didn't whine and complain that others were cheating. Why can't you guys do the same?

Dorian1
03-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Also I have been on and seen charizard online at the same time, I have never seen hinm talk and he never answered me when I told him to stop. Maybe he's learning to play? I had a newbie lose against me when they attacked. Was that cheating too? I don't control who lower players attack.

neomio
03-29-2010, 01:29 AM
The part of this discussion that really makes me laugh is the part where Hawk doesn't care who is cheating or not. As far as I know, Hawk is the one who made the big issue over whether Parkman was cheating, and even went to Seth to complain about it.

All I did was put up this post to start a discussion, to see what people thought about this unusual behavior.

As far as Charizard being a newbie - I doubt that. I have an idea of what his name was in the previous game - an idea I had long before he decided to do those multiple, illogical attacks agains Nairod. I will keep that to myself, because that's really not important, and besides, I could be wrong and don't want to make what would turn out to be a false accusation.

On the other hand, I think it's possible to be a relative newbie and figure out strategies pretty easily by watching the game and asking a few questions.

Dorian1
03-29-2010, 01:53 AM
The part of this discussion that really makes me laugh is the part where Hawk doesn't care who is cheating or not. As far as I know, Hawk is the one who made the big issue over whether Parkman was cheating, and even went to Seth to complain about it.

All I did was put up this post to start a discussion, to see what people thought about this unusual behavior.

As far as Charizard being a newbie - I doubt that. I have an idea of what his name was in the previous game - an idea I had long before he decided to do those multiple, illogical attacks agains Nairod. I will keep that to myself, because that's really not important, and besides, I could be wrong and don't want to make what would turn out to be a false accusation.

On the other hand, I think it's possible to be a relative newbie and figure out strategies pretty easily by watching the game and asking a few questions.

If charizard was in the top 5 I wouldn't consider them a noob. Anyone can still score fairly well. There is a guide on the web on how to play and it tell you everything there is for the game. If you look back at the crime section lot of people get attacked twice by the same person. I bet if I was not in first you wouldn't care at all. Take away the few points I got from charizard and I would still be in the lead because of the points I get from you guys and the fact I been getting great sales.

Hawk
03-30-2010, 06:45 PM

Excuse me? I never complained to Seth about his cheating, I complained about how they were tag teaming me and being really mean, saying nasty things to me. It was not me that busted them....

Dorian1
03-30-2010, 07:45 PM
You know something I don't get. Why I am getting attack 3 times by the same person. I beat Michael twice in self defense yesterday but he beat me the third time. Same with sparkling hawk, hmmm.

Mister Brooks
03-30-2010, 10:05 PM
You know something I don't get. Why I am getting attack 3 times by the same person. I beat Michael twice in self defense yesterday but he beat me the third time. Same with sparkling hawk, hmmm.

I hope you don't mean 3 consecutive attacks on the same day. You're only allowed 2 (not including when they send the twins your way)

Dorian1
03-31-2010, 12:04 AM
I hope you don't mean 3 consecutive attacks on the same day. You're only allowed 2 (not including when they send the twins your way)

Yes I do mean consecutive hits. There are days where Sparkling Hawk attacks me once in the morning and wins and then once again in the evening. Like yesterday Michael attacked me and lost twice and won the third time. I know you are allowed only 2 visits a day but he had three.

Mister Brooks
03-31-2010, 05:34 AM
well, I certainly hope you're mistaken, or there's some serious breach of security.

This is not the first time I've seen someone mooch an extra chance to attack.

Dorian1
03-31-2010, 07:55 AM
well, I certainly hope you're mistaken, or there's some serious breach of security.

This is not the first time I've seen someone mooch an extra chance to attack.

Yeah it makes no sense to me, maybe I should start recording when I log in to show everyone what I am talking about.

martinh0107
03-31-2010, 02:31 PM
I keel Nairod. Tee-hee

Anyways, it bugs me to see people calling others a "noob"
It's not a very good term to use.
You don't know the person in real life, you can't say that just because they're learning to play, they're a noob. They'll get better eventually, and become more strategical and familiarize themselves with the game.
I just wanted to point that out, because in the beginning, you were all confused about what to do.
Don't deny it.