PDA

View Full Version : Nausea causing behavior...

speeder
03-27-2010, 12:24 AM
I noticed that any reasonable speed that I put in the player paddle, causes it to look strange (as you are moving you see it in two places at the same time, about 10 pixels apart, but sorta flashing... Like tearing, but with both frames rendered at the same time, instead of half of each one...)

There are a way to stop that? Or figure why it happens? Or, whatever?

I did that using the tutorial code to move with the arrow keys...

The desired speed is 30 and the acceleration is 1, and there are no animation (or even a profile). But I tried with other settings too (and the result was the same...)

speeder
04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I figured that disabling the vsync on the editor make the game look WAAAAAYY better... The tearing is much better than the object shaking around like mad...

So, how I disable it permanently?

Seth
04-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Sorry, no way for it to remember that setting.

Shouldn't be seeing shaking.. Strange. In todays game world I don't want anybody to have see or set that setting, I just want it to be perfect on every system, guess I'm not there yet!

If you get into the source, you can change the default in main.cpp: it is currently:

m_WindowDescription.set_flipping_buffers(2);
m_WindowDescription.set_refresh_rate(75); //but, if your computer ignores this (windowed mode will) the game will adjust its physics/render step to match whatever the refresh actually is
SetRefreshType(FPS_AT_REFRESH);

Another possible fix is to play the game in full screen.